Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-RR Sound Breaking

Hi, I received my DDJ RR last Friday. Got to try out yesterday and love the feel of it...Rekordbox seems good too so far. I have an issue though...after activating the Master Tempo and any FX, the sound starts breaking/skipping. It is not the slight distortion you get from the master tempo being active. The music starts skipping. It can be 5-10 mins after using it. I have tried decreasing and increasing the buffer without any luck. 

I've also tried uninstalling and installing both the drivers and software. The controller's firmware has successfully been updated. Also, I have stopped any software working in the background...on two separate laptops. I really needed the controller this weekend but I can't risk it! I will have to use my Denon MC6000 until this gets fixed. 

Simon Lopez Répondu

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

38 commentaires

No I've never used one of them,just a mixtrack pro 2 ,ddj sr and now the rr are the only controllers I've used,sr was good,I'm liking the needle search a lot though on the rr and the jog wheel lights,they should flash though when beat matching I think with a dim light.

Chris Longman 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I do like the needle search. What you mentioned about the the John wheel lights would be a great idea. I can't see them doing an update for that in the future but I coukd be wrong. I might give the Reloop Terminal Mix 8 a try as it is AC powered.

Simon Lopez 0 votes

Reminder that this forum is for the discussion of Pioneer DJ products only.

Pulse 0 votes

So it seems the sound breaking issue has been resolved with the new Rekordbox update. I tested my controller with my laptop for about an hour and no issues. Still have the lag on the performance pads when hitting them repeatedly. I will keep testing.

Simon Lopez 0 votes

@ Simon,

Got the baby brother DDJ SR, and I have had the same problems as you, I can relate to the lag on the performance pads, which I am still trying to sort out,

One thing I have done is gone through my antivirus software and allowed all Rekordbox traffic, have you looked at your Windows firewall rules for inbound traffic? as this can intermittently block audio and latency settings.

Ade 0 votes

@Adrian > Try using a different USB port (one that provides more power) as that may be a cause of the issues you're experiencing.

Pulse 0 votes

would somthing like this help?

http://www.netstoredirect.com/cablestogo-usb-cables/804-cablestogo-2m-usb-20-one-b-male-to-two-a-male-y-cable-0757120815785.html?gclid=CIXah_bRmdICFfEV0wodYrQCIg

may be give the controller more power? 

i have the DDJRB on my laptop and its fine for about 3 hours then crackles and pops so bad i have no choice but to restart, obviously very embarrassing the 1st time it happened!

ryan smith 0 votes

@ryan > Possibly - if your computer's USB ports aren't providing enough power, that's a possible solution.

Pulse 0 votes