Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

Syncing iTunes Playlist to rekordbox & Playlist Track Order

Hello,

Probably a stupid question but how do you sync iTunes to rekordbox so that when I make changes to a playlist in iTunes it automatically updates the same playlist in rekordbox?

Also, I've noticed that a playlist I am working on has the opposite order in rekordbox as it does in iTunes - is there a simple fix for this?

Many thanks,

Kim

Kim Myers Avec réponse

Commentaire officiel

In rekordbox, go to Preferences and make sure the iTunes box is checked.

In iTunes, go to Advanced Preferences and make sure this box is checked.

Mark Gallo
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

9 commentaires

Thanks for this but both these were already checked in Rekordbox and iTunes. The scenarios I am specifically talking about is as follows:

Playlist added from iTunes to Rekordbox, Rekordbox closed; changes made to playlist in iTunes; Rekordbox relaunched and I want the Playlist to update to reflect the changes made in iTunes - I am currently unable to identify how to do this, if you could give me some direction then that would be helpful and appreciated.

The other issue I noticed mentioned above was that a playlist I added from iTunes to Rekordbox has the opposite order in Rekordbox as it does in iTunes - why would this be and can it easily be updated to reflect the order shown in iTunes?

Thanks,

Kim

Kim Myers 0 votes

I understand this refreshes iTunes from within Rekordbox. What I mean is, within Rekordbox, after the playlist has been imported from iTunes, and changes are subsequently made to the playlist in iTunes, can those changes be reflected in the now Rekordbox playlist? Or do you have to import from scratch?

Thanks,

Kim

Kim Myers 0 votes

No, they do not have to be imported.  The refresh iTunes button should rescan the iTunes library and detect any changes made to your iTunes playlists.  Your iTunes playlists within Rekordbox should then reflect those changes.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

I'm referring to Rekordbox playlists (which have been imported from iTunes within Rekordbox), not iTunes playlists within Rekordbox. Can these Rekordbox playlists be linked to their original playlist in iTunes and when changes are made in iTunes be updated to reflect those changes?

Apologies for labouring the point.

Thanks,

Kim

Kim Myers 0 votes

A playlist created in iTunes and then manually imported into rekordbox is no longer an iTunes playlist.  It's now a rekordbox playlist.  Therefore, any changes you wanted to make to this playlist need to be made within rekordbox.

Mark Gallo 1 vote

So would it make more sense to just have all playlists in iTunes then because we can't sync in the verse direction?

Thanks so much for your help!

Jessi Johnson 0 votes

So, did this not get answered?

How should this be done?

I’m thinking if I change anything in my iTunes how can I the. Get this to reflect on Rekordbox? I have tried re-importing the playlist from iTunes to collection/playlist, but updated ratings/genre are not reflected. It seems there is no functionality for this, but wondered what workaround people were using?

Martin Perrott 0 votes