Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Platter Indicator marker. Wish the DDJ-RR had it

Any idea on why Pioneer didn't include a needle marker indicator in the center of the jog wheels?  If the DDJ-RR had a platter indicator I would have already purchased one.  Non starter without it.  The DDJ's look lifeless under operation without a platter indicator.   Pioneer dropped the ball with that one.  My Reloop TM8 didn't have a platter marker indicator and I hated it.  No way I'm going to purchase another unit without that feature.   Rant over.

Mr. Wright

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

You can change the led lights in the middle of the platter to indicate when a track is about to end ,when slip mode is on ,when tracks are synced etc,could do with a few more settings though,just looks pretty really.

Chris Longman 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I'm talking about a line marker that shows the position that the tone arm would be, in relation to the track. You know those stickers that they put on vinyl?   The same type of line marker that the DDJ-RX and CDJ's have. It's that line that goes around in a circle in the middle of the jogs. Things like that are very important for the folks who use the platters for turntable tricks, it shows the exact que position in relation to the jog wheels. Without that feature the unit just looks lifeless and dead.   That marker is like a heartbeat that shows that the Controller is actually playing music.  When I see a DJ performing on a unit like that, there doesn't seem to be any connection between the controller, the DJ and the music.  Performing on units like the new DDJ-RR and DDJ-RB looks about as connected as a DJ playing music solely from smart-phone.   

Mr. Wright 0 votes

I'm not sure why Pioneer would leave out such an important feature on a $699 dollar unit.   My last controller which shall remain nameless didn't have any type of vinyl line marker indicator and I hated it. I swore that I would never purchase another unit without that feature.  Then I saw the new Pioneer DDJ-RR and DDJ-RB and I was very excited. But then when I saw the unit in operation, I noticed that something was amiss in the center of the jog wheels.  Where's the line that shows vinyl position?  It doesn't have it. Wow!!! To say that I was disappointed is an understatement.   I was actually upset that they left out that feature because it meant that I would not purchase the unit.  I'm hoping for a version 2 of the unit that has that feature.  As it stands now, the DDJ-RR and DDJ-RB are missing perhaps the most important feature that a turntable DJ would want.   Glaring omission.

Mr. Wright 0 votes

It's good to have but you can literally see the whole track in waveform on your screen anyway and set cue points go in slip mode etc along with a live running waveform showing you when the track breaks down and when beat markers are matched etc

Chris Longman 0 votes

So laptop face is your solution?  You can see the waveforms with or without the vinyl indicator.  I'd rather not stare at the laptop all the time while dejaying.   Not sure why pioneer decided to let the bean counters short-change us on some features.  No excuse for not having it.  Even the WEGO-3 offers some sort of vinyl position indicator.   

Mr. Wright 0 votes

Not really a solution,more an alternative for a mid range controller and it probably does boost prices up of controllers having that vinyl indicator or larger jog wheels,if you want that it's a case of spending more cash for a rx ,the wego 3 might have something similar but look at it,it's no where near the quality of the rr ,the things you can do with the effects on that controller is awesome ,particularly slip mode and using countless effects at the same time ,just wish rekordbox itself was a bit more stable

Chris Longman 0 votes

Numark just released a $300 controller with BPM, track progress, and a vinyl indicator on the middle of the jog wheels.   For an additional $400, I would have thought that Pioneer would have been able to include it.   I already have a 4 channel controller.  I was looking for a smaller well equipped 2-channel controller. So the RX is out of the question.  I've yet to see a 2-channel controller that surpassed the long discontinued Vestax VCI-380 from 4 years ago.  If Vestax was still in business I would purchase that unit over the DDJ-RR.   Controllers look dead during operation without the indicator on the jogs. And I would never purchase another controller without it.  And I really wanted to get the DDJ-RR.  But not without the indicator. 

Mr. Wright 0 votes