Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

Things to improve on the SP-16

Hi everyone!

I bought my Toraiz 1 month ago and i'm quite happy with it. Alltough i'd propose Pioneer a few things to improve on the sampler for the next firmware update:

SLICER: it doesn't make sense to use grid slicing only - here a function wich cuts the samples according to the sound peaks (treshold) would be very good (like per example in Propellerheads ReCycle) And it would also be important, that the slices can be edited with start and endpoint afterwards.

TOUCH STRIP: It would be very good, if the effects of the touchstrip could be assigned to the main output as well, so that you can create cool effects and breaks per ex. in a liveset or just in playback mode. For this some cool resample effects similar to Sugar Bytes Turnado or something like on the DSI Tempest would be very useful. For the FX section it would be cool to have more effects...

SCALE MODE: A glide option would definitely be cool here.

PRO DJ LINK: Would it not be possible to develop a little plugin for Serato DJ that allows the SP-16 to get the BPM's over the USB port? Not everyone dj's with cd's...

PLAYBACK MODE: It would be cool to jump back to the beginning of the Pattern (on the fly) by hitting Shift and Play together per example.

SMPLE EDITING: The Endpoint of a sample should always be at the end of the visible sample area. Sometimes i have to scroll the endpoint in to the visible area because it's hidden.

MIXER: A Sidechain compressor would be awesome to get a phat beat.

I don't know if all those things could be corrected only with a firmware update.. maybe not, but i'm just trying to be helpful and make the SP-16 better than it already is ;-)

Cheers - Kermit

Kermit

Commentaire officiel

Hello Kermit,

Thank you for all your great Feedback and suggestions. I'm glad your happy with the SP-16.  I will forward your suggestions to the production team. 

Thanks

D.j. Creme
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

Nice suggestions. Glide would be a nice addition for sure. Arpeggio with note length and all the normal arpeggio options would be cool too.

Jay greaves 1 vote

Great ideas.... I would also like to have all this!

Zig-Zag 0 votes

I would like to add something:

1. A performance page on the touch screen which you can lock regardless of the scene & pattern where you can basically modify effects for individual samples as well as sends, Pan, change effects on the fly, run effects in series or parallel e.t.c. 

2. EFX routing page, global , sends , inserts and chain efx with exf presets 

3. On the sampling side to make it simple i would say everything that you get on the MPC touch and Maschine. 

TCO TCO (Cosmic Order) 0 votes

On the Mixer Page it will be nice to Zoom in and use either the knobs or touch screen to adjust parameters. 

oh Yes resampling capabilities similar to Traktor remix decks