Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-RX no longer working with Rekordbox

Rekordbox is no longer responding to my DDJ-RX controller.

The short version: When I drag a song into either deck on the computer, nothing lights up on the DDJ-RX to indicate that it knows the track is ready to play. Hitting the Play button does absolutely nothing.

The longer, more detailed version:

Last week, I opened Rekordbox at my desk (the controller was not connected) and I was prompted to update to the latest version (4.2.2). I had been ignoring these prompts previously because I usually got them when I was setting up for a gig, but this time I updated. No problems there.

Then, this past Sunday, I was DJing a party. When I plugged in my DDJ-RX, I got the pop-up that I needed to update my firmware, and I had time, so I tried to do that but it would not update. I decided to skip the update and worry about it later. 

I was able to update to the latest Windows drivers at that time (1.100) but not the FW. 

I restarted RekordBox, loaded a track, and everything worked fine. About 20 minutes later when they were ready for me to get started, nothing worked. I could load a track in RekordBox, but as described above, it was as if the controller was not connected at all (but my computer showed that it was indeed connected).

I panicked! Client wants the dancing to start and I can't play a song! I disconnected and reconnected the USB, unplugged and replugged the power, nothing! I plugged in my iPad and played the first song from the dJay app while restarting my computer. When the computer restarted, miraculously everything was working again, but in the beginning I detected some slight skipping in the music. The skipping did not continue later in the party.

Now, I'm back at the office. Can't get the FW update to work. Someone on this forum suggests using a different laptop, which I tried and it worked. Yay!

But now, when I plug in my main laptop and fire up RekordBox the same thing is happening all over again. Rekordbox and DDJ-RX aren't talking to each other any more!

I know that the computer knows it's connected because it appears in my devices, and because I'm able to use the Version Display Utility to see that the firmware is up-to-date. Rekordbox is also using the latest version.

I am using Windows 10. I have been using the same laptop with Windows 10 since I bought the DDJ-RX a year ago, and this is the first time I've encountered anything like this.

HELP!

Avi Frier Répondu

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

14 commentaires

My recommendation:

- disconnect the RX and ensure rekordbox is closed

- use the RX driver uninstaller in the control panel

- reboot your computer

- run the Windows update utility to ensure the system is fully updated

- reboot your computer

- run the RX driver installation 

- reboot your computer

- launch rekordbox in performance mode

- connect your DDJ-RX via USB 

- confirm that the RX is shown on the Control Device Information section at the bottom of the Audio page within the rekordbox preferences

- confirm that the RX is shown as the device in the Audio section of the Audio page within the rekordbox preferences

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Pulse, thanks so much for taking the time to post this recommendation. I completed every step and everything seems to be working now.

I will need to keep an eye on this, of course, because when I had the problem on Sunday, it was okay after I restarted the computer. I just hope your procedure fixed the problem permanently, and that the part of the procedure where I restarted my computer didn't just fix it temporarily (again).

Thank you!

Avi Frier 0 votes

Please let me know! It would be good to know what changes in case there's something we need to pass along to the product teams.

Pulse 0 votes

Okay, so it's doing it again!

I had Rekordbox open and I plugged in the controller and turned it on. It did the little color show where everything lights up for a second, and when it was done the only lights remaining on were these:

The buttons and controls are non-responsive.

Under Rekordbox audio preferences, the RX appears as the device being used for output channels, but the Control Device Information section is completely blank.

I know that Rekordbox recognizes the presence of the controller, because when I unplug the USB, the screen immediately changes to this:

I really need to figure this out. Any further help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Avi Frier 0 votes

I just saw how the screenshots got shrunken down, so here they are again, cropped.

When the RX was plugged in it looked like this:

and when I unplugged the USB it went to this:

Avi Frier 0 votes

The problem is that no device is showing up in the Control Device Information section.

Have you tried using a different USB cable and/or USB port on your computer?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi guys,

Today I bought my DDJ-RX and I when I connected the controller I did get the same results as Avi got.

I did the firmware update for Mac (OSX Yosemite) 10.10.5. but nothing is happening.

Could you help me out?

Gr Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan 0 votes

I have switched USB ports but not wires. Dealing with Hurricane Matthew so didn't have time to check the wire yet (I will on Monday). But if restarting the computer temporarily fixes the issue, how would that be an issue with the USB wire?

Avi Frier 0 votes

Please try updating to rekordbox 4.2.4 first and report back.

Pulse 0 votes

I run version 4.2.4 with the exact same problem. I have tried everything above. Also installed recordbox again and then it works until next time I'm gonna turn on. Then the same problem occurs. I did not have this problem 2-3 months ago. 

HELP!!!

Leif Ringkjøb 0 votes

Hi. I got my DDJ RX this week to, and I am having the same issues. 

I use a Macbook Pro Retina 13 , El Capitan 10.11.6.

I erased my Mac to remove all other audio units that were installed and to remove any usb modifications I would have done before.

I did as it is advised to be in the manuals, and it worked at first. After turning the controller and my Mac off, when trying to use it again, didn't work anymore. 

I can't get it to work again don't know why. I had updated the firmware to the latest 1.04 already. 

I try to do the whole process again, but the firmware updater just give me the same message: the ddj rx is not connected. 

For some reason is not detected in any port. I connect other controller in both usb ports of the Macbook and it works properly and is shown in the system information. 

Please ask to developer team to look into that problem. It gotta be some bug with the firmware. 

Please let me know if you can help as soon as possible. I appreciate it!

Jhonny Barbosa da Silva 0 votes

Same issue sir. My pioneer ddj rx not working in rekordbox. We have to manually play track from in rekordbox with mouse. Output is coming, but only master key is working.i can't play track from controller. Please help

POOJA6283 0 votes

Same issue sir. My pioneer ddj rx not working in rekordbox. We have to manually play track from in rekordbox with mouse. Output is coming, but only master key is working.i can't play track from controller. Please help

POOJA6283 0 votes