Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

DVS feature not working - RBDJ 4.2.2 DDJ RZX

Hi ,

When trying to calibrate the turntables I'm getting 'Error' and I cannot start the DVS feature in RBDJ.

I can play the turntable, sound coming into the controller and out to the speakers, but I cannot enable the DVS feature.

In the Preferences the DVS feature is enabled and deck 3+4 are set to phono in the output config.

Windows 10 64bit USB 3.0 16core pc 128GB RAM Pioneer Firmware 1.05

Anyone, please help !

ragdoll

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

20 commentaires

Are the input selector switches on channels 3 and 4 on the RZX hardware set to phono?

Mark Gallo 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Thanks for the reply.

Yes they are and that also shows on the middle display.

ragdoll 0 votes

The input selectors should be set to PC, not PHONO.

Pulse 0 votes

Sorry but I cannot choose PC, there is no such option,  I have Control Tone CD on channel 1 and 2 and Phono on 3 and 4.

Can you please provide me with a screen dump how it looks in your end.

Thx

ragdoll 0 votes

@ragdoll > Sorry, it's called "USB" on the RZX (too many model feature names to keep track of!); at the top of the channel strip on the hardware itself.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok, thx. so now I could calibrate but I get no sound from the TT on deck 4. How do I start the DVS?

When I had it on Phono I got sound from the TT.

ragdoll 0 votes

Yeah, but you don't want to hear the screeching of the timecode! That's why you put it to USB.

In rekordbox, you open the preferences, click the DVS page and tick the box at the top Enable DVS Function.

Is that when you get an error within rekordbox? If so, can you please post a screen-shot for me?

Pulse 0 votes

This is how it looks like in RB, its enabled, then what?

ragdoll 0 votes

1. Connect turn table outputs (RCA cable) with DDJ-RZX PHONO inputs (CH3 or CH4).

2. Connet the turn table GND cable with the DDJ-RZX SIGNAL GND.

3. Set "USB" on the DDJ-RZX input selector.

4. Update the DDJ-RZX firmware. (The latest version is 1.0.5.)

5. Install the latest version driver software on your PC. (The latest version is 1.0.0.)

Firmware and driver are here.

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support/software/ddj-rzx/#firmware-update

Mi.Kojima 0 votes

A question: Can I get wave forms on a normal vinyl without the timecode embedded in the vinyl?

ragdoll 0 votes

Are you asking if rekordbox can show the waveform for the audio on a vinyl record?

No, it can't do that.

Pulse 0 votes

I have tried all the aboveover and over agian and this for my RZX does not work. I have the the Pioneer DVS vinyl and connected to my PC and I get nothing but an error when trying to use DVS. Now I can play Vinyl on my decks but for DVS not working. Can play mp3s on Channel 1&2 but for DVS its dead. All the screen dumps just do not work and teh Firmware is up to date. so what am I edoing wong. I have tried all the above and still nothing  from DVS.

Ray-Cee! 0 votes

@Raymond > Can you please verify that you have the DVS plus-pack enabled and your inputs within the RZX configuration utility are set to CONTROL TONE PHONO:

Pulse 0 votes

I see from the picture (Screen dump) that the unit is not connected to a PC. Now for me the DVS pack i installed and I have set the unit to the configuration you have above and still nothing. If it was connected I would hear the tone through the speakers. This way I believe I will hear nothing and the unit will not work as it needs a PC/Laptop to run. I am using Windows 10, Ryzen 7 processor, 38GB of RAM. well above the spec needed for it to work. Also I have updated the Firmware and still nothing. 

As this is done via software, will I need the Pioneer DVS unit as well? From this picture above it will not work as all documentation says it needs a PC to use the software to work.

Ray-Cee! 0 votes

@Raymond > "Ryzen processor"

Sorry, but that's the silver bullet; rekordbox is only supported to run on Intel processors.

Pulse 0 votes

That I find shocking to say the least. So I guess that the discs which I have are going to make a good frisbee. If that is the case. You know that you are the the first vendor of software that have said that. All other software vendors do not have that problem. From all other music vendors y'all are the only ones with this problem. Shame on you, as that is just crap!

Ray-Cee! 0 votes

Oh well such is life, not changing my computing set-up. It will be a freebie after all. Thanks...

Ray-Cee! 0 votes