Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

9 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ RZ - display the exact BPM?

Hi,

i have some issues with the DDJ RZ beatmatching different BPM's.

For Example:

Track A has 124 BPM and is pitched to 126 BPM.

Track B has 125 BPM and is also pitched to 126 BPM.

I set the tempo range for both Tracks to +-10 .

So Track A is pitched +1,6 and Track B is pitched +0,8.

If i beatmatch both tracks, after a few seconds the tracks are not beatmatched anymore. In the performance mode you can see (if u click on "Sampler" at the top) the exact BPM of the Master Track. So for this example there is for Track A then 126.04 . If i pause Track A and play Track B the new master is Track B and the BPM is not 126.00 but 126.02 . So the pitch is not correct. And this is why the beatmatch doesnt work correctly.

Is there any option to display for both tracks the exact bpm? And why is the pitch so weird? I had CDJ 900 NXS before and set the tempo range also at +- 10. There it was 126.05 ... 126.10 and so on. It was in .05 steps. Why it is so different at rekordbox dj?

I hope you can understand my problem.

Best regards.

marcce18x1 Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Our engineers are working to address the resolution of the pitch faders on our products within rekordbox - your patience is appreciated.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

10 commentaires

I have the same problem on RZX and RBDJ 4.2.3

I am suspecting we deal with a bug here and I wish more people testing and commentig on this one.

The longer the transition, the more annoying the BPM slide will be, and it does that on both decks, regardless of which side is master.

The only way to keep both sides in synq is to auto-synq or jog-wheel-correct-it throughout the transition, which is very annoying cause it takes lots of focus from everything else.

Can you please open an inquiry as I am currently on a trip and away from my controller.

Thx

ragdoll 0 votes

Hi thanks that you posting your problems too. How can i open an inquery ?

Cheers Marcce

marcce18x1 0 votes

If you switch to vertical mode, you will see the BPM to 2 decimal places.

H3X 0 votes

Hi, thank you for this tip with the decimal places. I hate the vertical mode but i will try it.

Maybe @pioneer could you add the decimal places to the horizontal mode as well?

The beatmatch problem is still there.

marcce18x1 0 votes

Same problem with DDJ-RZX and rekordbox 4.2.5. Cannot match the BPM value exactly. Please help us fix this, Pioneer!!!

Thanks!!!

Sorin Parvu 0 votes

is there any solution? I have the same problem with the DDJ-RZX.

Groove Man 0 votes

I also have this problem sometimes... but not always... very frustating indeed!!

Nightlife 0 votes

Make sure you running the latest firmware for your respective products.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

I have the same problem with my ddj-rx. i switch in playlist mode to see two decimal bpm value. beatgrid is correct, bpm are the same and quantize is on. but the loop running offbeat sometimes more sometimes less.

both firmware and software on the last stand. i run rekordbox dj on a macbook retina. yesterday i try to analysis the track by dymanic and its little better but not good enough. and i dont want to use the sync button. i have the problem since months :/

i have no problem with it when the give my an option in the menu to put an loop in sync in the background without to trigger it. called: loop sync ;)

sorry for my english :)

greetz from vienna

Ronald Pappas 0 votes