Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

7 abonnés S’abonner

Problems using XDJ-RX for sound output from Mac

Hello

I'm experiencing trouble using my XDJ-RX with my Macbook Pro to output sound to my powered monitors.  

Basically, I want to be able to send all sound output from the macbook thru the RX's sound card, so that I can use my monitors while doing computer work (i.e. not dj'ing =) ).  I used to use my Traktor S4 for this and it was always fine acting as a sound card for mac audio.  My current setup is:

* RX connected to macbook pro via USB cable

* RX connected to monitors via booth output (I could use master out as well, not sure this matters ?)

* RX is at version 2.10

* RX configured for MIDI mixing mode

* Sound output on the macbook configured to go to the RX

The problem is that if I start a song on the mac, say via iTunes, and then _any_ other sound plays, the output basically gets "retriggered" repeatedly until it becomes a distorted mess.  So, for example if I'm playing a mix in iTunes, and then a random Safari window starts playing a video with sound, everything goes to hell.  Very annoying.

What am I doing wrong here?  I just want to be able to use the sound card on the RX as an output. Do I need to tweak MIDI settings or something?  I've watched several of the setup videos that have been posted on here to make sure I'm not missing something.  Most have to do with getting Rekordbox working on a computer in performance mode, not just plain audio.  (btw, I don't have Rekordbox running during all of this to keep things simpler.)

thanks,

Rob

Rob Sanheim Répondu

Commentaire officiel

The problem is simply a matter of multiple applications trying to handle the assignment of the audio device -- which it's not meant to do. The solution is to stop the playback of audio in the first application then hand it over to the second one.

I tested this myself and found the same issue. If you find the audio starts looping, stop either (or both) of the sources and then the loop will die, then you can start the source you want.

I'm sorry, but as this is not DJ-application specific, I don't think there will be any pursuit in creating a solution for it (if it is indeed with the RX audio drivers and not something specific to the OS).

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

11 commentaires

Yes, I've run through that multiple times.  Does not fix the problem.

The problem still persists.  Sometimes it will always do the retriggering, and I can't get anything to play correctly until I restart.  Other times a single audio source will play fine, but any other sources will make everything go crazy.

Very frustrating.  Any one else experience this?

Rob Sanheim 1 vote

Oh, this El Capitan btw.  Too worried that if I update to Sierra things will break even more for me.

Rob Sanheim 1 vote

I am having the same problem , did you find a fix for this?

Billy Edwards 1 vote

Same problem for me, is there a fix? 

Michael Crilly 1 vote

Io Oltretutto ho aggiornato il mac a sierra e ora non riesco a usare Rekordbox Dj perche non funziona nessun tasto. Il Programma va solo se usato con il mouse.

Ma Quanto Ci vuole ad aggiornare il tutto ????????

Lorenzo Bizzarri 0 votes

To clarify, I get the same issue too on OS X El Capitan.

Nikolay Valtchanov 0 votes

It doesn't matter which version of Mac we use, the same problem happens on all. I've been unable to use it to its full potential as a soundcard but if I close everything down except Ableton it's fine. When I open iTunes, a webpage or soundcloud that's when the retriggering happens. Surely someone at pioneer is working on this issue???

Michael Crilly 1 vote

Yes, it CAN be used as a sound card, but there is nothing that says it's supposed to be used with multiple applications simultaneously.

Pulse 0 votes