Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-RR external inputs not working in PC MIX ON

I'm trying to figure what's wrong with my setup.

I'm using a Mac (El Capitan OSX 10.11)

I've installed the latest firmware for the DDJ-RR 1.02, the latest driver 2.0.0 and Rekordbox DJ 4.2.1 rev.8297-9071-9067

When I hook up my Technics turntables and put the controller in PC MIX OFF modus everything works fine. However I need the equalizer and filter to function, so I put the controller in PC MIX ON modus to let my Mac handle the sound processing, but then no sound is passed to the master.

I figured out it stops somewhere on my Mac, because when opening the sound menu for devices and selecting the Device DDJ-RR (type=USB), i can see sound coming in at the input level meter. Same thing for output. Hitting iTunes makes it play through my speakers which are hooked up on my DDJ-RR.

What should I change on my Mac to make the signal go round back into the rekordbox application and go out again through my speakers which are hooked up on my DDJ-RR.

Any thoughts??

Mark Kempen Avec réponse

Commentaire officiel

Did you have rekordbox open at the time? In order to have the line inputs working we recommend using an AC power supply, and you also need rekordbox open. The audio will then pass to both your PC and the master output.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

17 commentaires

I had a gig over the weekend that required my ddj-rr to have 2 cdjs hooked up through the line in channels. I expected the channels to operate just was expected and described in the manual. The only things that worked were volume and cue - EQs and fx were not working. I double-triple checked my settings and did multiple restarts of both the controller and my pc in the proper suggested order - still no EQs or FX.

The mixer component MUST be able to function as a mixer if pioneer says it functions as a standalone mixer. It is a selling point and quite frankly one of the main reasons I purchased this unit over an rx or rz.  WHATS THE DEAL?

Justin Hand 0 votes

Hi, did you manage to find a solution to this problem in the end? I've been having the same issue and have no idea what else to do... I've updated the firmware, tried using another computer, nothing works. The annoying thing is whenever I turn on the pc mix switch i can see the eqs for external inputs activate so i know my computer recognises that it should be able to control the eqs but for some reason no sound comes out of the controller...

Thomas Mackie 0 votes

No answer. I'm waiting to hear back from the Rekordbox software people. Pioneer has already replaced my unit once, still same issue. It must be either software or a defect of some kind.

Justin Hand 0 votes

To the official post..... yes, rekordbox was open and the ac power was plugged in. Still no sound

Justin Hand 1 vote

@Justin > What was the audio configuration within rekordbox? Can you post screenshots?

Pulse 1 vote

We figured it out!!!! The driver settings are not setup properly. You will need to rename a file and restart rekordbox - this will cause a driver reinstall. Choose the RR and follow the prompts. Once rekordbox restarted up it worked as it should. Here is the email I recieved from Rekordbox support:

May 31, 11:01 JST

Dear Sir

Sorry that it takes time to locate the cause of issue.

It seems that rekordbox doesn't configure your DDJ-RR normally by some reason.
Normally, DDJ-RR should appear in the four Input channels in the Audio setting as attached picture.

Could you try to rename following setting file after rekordbox is terminated?
Location : /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Pioneer/rekordbox
File : rekordbox3.settings

*User Library is a hidden folder. You can access it with [Go] menu of Finder by holding [Option] key.
http://www.akaipro.com/kb/article/1606

After you rename the setting file, launch rekordbox and open the Audio Tab and please check if DDJ-RR appears in the Input channels like attached picture.

Please also launch Applications->Utilities->Audio MIDI setup and check if DDJ-RR appears as 6 in 6 out device. See attached picture.

Justin Hand 0 votes

Any chance you could upload the picture too? :) glad this is finally getting sorted!

Thomas Mackie 0 votes

Here you go - these are what it should look like

(*I don't think the inputs looked like this for me but it still worked)

Justin Hand 0 votes

I am using rekordbox on a windows laptop (windows 10) and I am having the same issue. I have tried all of the fixes here and it is still not working. I bought a DDJ-RR so that I could play dj sets using the DDJ-RR and turntables during sets, going from one to the other and back again and I can't do that, very annoyed and disappointed! Anyone got any other ideas, or anyone from pioneer got a fix?

Mike Booth 0 votes

Mike - You might want to start an inquiry with the rekordbox people - that's where the answer finally came from. Reference the fix from above - letting them know you are on a windows machine and not a mac - you'll need to know how to get to this  rekordbox.settings file or if it is different for Windows.  I had to keep at this for almost 6 months. Hopefully the leg work I did will help get you an answer more quickly.

Here is the link....

https://rekordbox.com/en/support/inquiry.php

Just remember this has to do with the Drivers for the controller - NOT rekordbox. The installer has not properly installed the drivers you need and that's where the problem is. Hopefully this is problem is common on both windows and Mac and not just the Mac/Apple setup.

Justin Hand 0 votes

Thanks for the post. I have found the rekordbox.settings file but it did not fix the issue. I have tried contacting rekordbox support several times via different methods over the last few weeks but they have not responded

Mike Booth 0 votes

Mike - did you try reinstalling the driver software? That's where it worked for me. You might even try uninstalling the entire software - rebooting and making sure the settings file is gone and then reinstall.

Please post where you found the settings file on your windows machine incase anyone else has issues.

Regarding getting the Japan Developer to speak with me, I had to speak with pioneer dj hardware support, and let them know I was going to submit a rekordbox ticket - they would then have to go in and approve/forward that on to rekordbox support site - without that I probably would have been waiting forever. Try that. GOOD LUCK.

Justin Hand 0 votes

I'm closing this topic because there is a possible misunderstanding of the function of the DDJ-RR's PC MIX switch - it is to allow the simultaneous use of the DDJ-RR audio interface plus another (internal) audio device for two outputs. This is typically for a DJ who wants to send the master output from the controller and have the audio come through the computer speakers without having to rewire things.

Pulse 0 votes