Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-RB : Rekordbox Dj crashes and it is very slow in my laptop

Dears,

I purchased last week a Pioneer DDJ-RB controller and have installed rekordbox dj on my Lenovo Ideapad U260 i5 with 4GB of RAM and OS Windows 10. Apart from the fact that it is very slow in my laptop and it takes ages to go from music folder to music folder while on browse, on Friday night while I was performing in the club that I work, the program crashed !!! I found it very embarrassing and I am deeply disappointed! The major reason that I purchased the DDJ RB controller was the licence for Rekordbox dj software and I was not prepared for such disappointment. For the past 8 years I use virtual dj 7 and 8 without any problem at all.
After the crash of last night I want to stop using Rekordbox. Is there a way to use my virtual dj 8 with ddj-rb without having to pay for another licence (they claim $99) ??? If not, I 'll bring back my ddj-rb to the store!

At this moment it''s a bad idea for a professional dj to use rekordbox dj during a live set!

Thank you for your prompt feedback

Stratis Drossiadis

DJ Str Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Hi Stratis Drossiadis,
Sorry to hear about these issues.Could I please direct you to file a support inquiry here?
Our rekordbox team will be happy to assist you.

Tomoharu Kirihara
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

9 commentaires

Get yourself a new laptop with a usb 3.0 or it won't work.

Rekordbox is an amazing piece of kit, but the amount of data going through the pipe is massive.

Seek my thread about my experience with RBDJ and RZX.

Good luck

ragdoll 0 votes

Thanks, but following the specs I have the minimum required, therefore that's no excuse! Pioneer should update the specs and tell the truth about the performance, so that I won't bother buying the software at first place!

DJ Str 0 votes

Hi Stratis,

The same happened to me. I have a Dell with the minimum specifications Pioneer recommends. The music is very slow. It is like I am scratching but without touching the controller.

I bought a MacBook Pro (2.7 GHz Core i5, 8 GB RAM) thinking the computer was the problem. Even though it works much better than before, at some points the music still goes very slow.

Did you get an answer about your problem?

Carlos Pita 0 votes

Hello Carlos,

That was what I was afraid of seeing the time it takes to process...

My intention was also to go for a MAC of 8GB of RAM. Maybe I should think again! 

I guess I will go with Virtual DJ option for 99$ that supports 100% Pioneer DDJ-RB. It will cost me far cheaper!!!

Thanks for sharing this with me. I guess it will help others as well to avoid such a pitfall with RECKORDBOX DJ software.

Best Regards

Stratis

DJ Str 0 votes

I already made a request on the website (#15814)). I hope I get an answer from Pioneer. I will let you know what their answer is.

What I am not sure is where the problem is. It thought it was my PC capacity. It seems that is your case too. But what if the problem is that the DDJ RB has a defective production lot. Maybe our DDJ RB are damage because if I have a computer of much more capacity it should not have the same problem. Do you agree?

Please let me know when you try Virtual DJ on your DDJ RB. If the problem disappear using Virtual DJ on your DDJ then the issue is Rekordbox. If the issue persists, then the DDJ is the problem.

I will trying also playing on my PC (old computer) on the Rekordbox without using the DDJ RB to see what happens.

Let me know your comments.

Carlos Pita 0 votes
Dear Carlos,

I am testing the Virtul DJ 8 for the free 1 month trial period now (ends by end of October) and I have to say that it runs very smoothly and FAST!!! I have done so far four live performances and it never crashed ! My laptop capacity is only 4GB of RAM. Imagine with yours! I came to the conclusion that the issue is with RECKORDBOX and not the console...

I have decided to go for the extra 99$ and install Virtual DJ 8 plug in for DDJ-RB! Hope you do the same as the speed and smoothness of the software is amazing! Honestly, I wouldn't want anything more!

Take care
Stratis
DJ Str 0 votes

Thank you for your answer Stratis.

As a matter of fact, I played REKORDBOX on Mac without using the console, only the computer and it still has sound quality issues. It is as you say, the software is the problem.

Great to know Virtual DJ worked for you. I guess the PC Virtual DJ interface is not very different to the console, right?

Regards. 

Carlos Pita 0 votes

Hello Carlos,

Yes! This is what I have understood as well. The software is very heavy and it crushes... Virtual DJ 8 plug in console for DDJ-RB works great! The layout is exactly like the console, so it helps you very much to understand what does what! the most important thing is that it goes FAST and does not crush!

Regards

DJ Str 0 votes