Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Wego2 USB isnt detected but does power up

HI,

I have had this used wego2 for about a month and have been using it quite happily with an ipad and djay2. I finally got around to installing the supplied software on my win10 laptop but the laptop fails to connect to the dj controller.

Tried an alternative usb cable, different usb ports, 2nd laptop (also win10) and it is the same.

Its odd because the wego2 is powered happily by both a wall wart usb charger or the usb port on the laptop. The unit works flawlessly with the supplied lightening cable with both an iPad Air2 and an iPhone5.

is this a common issue? what would be the cost of the repair or replacement component?.

Thomas Holmes Répondu

Commentaire officiel

@Thomas > I understand your frustration, but please be aware that the cost of a new unit is almost always less than the "sum of the parts" if you were to buy them all as replacement components, especially considering the majority of said parts are produced to be installed in new products, not to have sitting around at repair centres as spares. Realistically, yes, a small electronics component could be repaired if that were indeed the fault, and I would side with you in that being the more cost effective approach to repairing it ... if that were the only fault and it were 100% that component at fault and it were deemed feasible to replace that component ... which, again, chances are they don't have just sitting around at repair centres as spares.

Then again, I don't operate or manage the repair centre for an international electronics company, and I don't believe you do either?

So I apologize that this is the result, and not necessarily a desirable one meeting your expectations, but unfortunately nobody here is authorized to provide you with technical instruction or direction on disassembly, repair, or modification of your Pioneer DJ product and, of course, my standard response at this point is to direct you to technical support.

If you are so inclined to repair it yourself, you are certainly welcome to do so and I hope you're able to get it repaired and working properly.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

11 commentaires

HI, Yes I have tried both the drivers on the supplied disc and the latest ones on the support website on both PC's

Thomas Holmes 0 votes

Does Windows have the latest updates and service packs applied?

If, after fully updating Windows, then uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (and restarting where appropriate), does the WeGO2 appear in the system device manager?

Pulse 0 votes

latest updates and service packs installed. No sign of it in the device mananger.

Powers up via pc usb but fails to be connected.

Thomas Holmes 0 votes

Do you have the ability to test with another computer (either Mac or PC)?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi, I tested it on two different laptops, a Samsung and an Asus both with windows 10. Neither detect the device but both happily power it.

Thomas Holmes 0 votes

The firmware flash app doesn't detect the device so it is impossible to do that. As I said it works with my.ipad but I haven't found a.way to flash the firmware via the iPad.

Thomas Holmes 0 votes

OK looking at the USB socket on the right hand side of the wego2, it looks as if it is mounted deep in the body of the unit. It.doesnt look right when I compare the USB B sockets on other devices. I think it is damaged enough to not transmit data but enough to connect power. As there is not warranty on this controller I opened it up to see if anything could be done.

There looks to be a couple of solutions. The actual usb port component couldbe replaced on the board or the IO daughter board could be replaced. The.rub is that pioneer charge £140 for the IO Board!!! Which quite frankly is extortion and makes the whole thing uneconomical, as a brand new wego2 would be £200. To add insult to injury, the only people pioneer supply parts to are account holder service companies and not individuals. The result, If I went the pioneer route it would.cost me, around £60 for the appraisal, £140 minimum for the part and repair, more if they felt the 10 minute job took say 2hours.

The situation is plainly ridiculous, the cost of swapping out one daughter board with perhaps £10 of electronics on it would be in excess of the original purchase price of the device.

The component replacement, desoldering the USB socket and replacing it with a £0.50 part, probably £0.03 wholesale. Is the fair cheaper option and to be honest even it resulted in a soldering iron going down through the main board and destroying the device I would still be better off doing that and buying a new controller if things went south, not a pioneer unit.

Really appalled by pioneers policy and approach.

Thomas Holmes 0 votes