Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox messes up track order in playlists (on USB)

Hello there!

I am using the latest version of Rekordbox and have a problem with the sorting order in my playlists. I sort the tracks by "Date added", and RB remembers this order, even after closing and reopening the app.

BUT - every time I sync my USB stick, the order gets messed up (just on the stick). When I select the stick in the left column of RB, the tracks in the playlist are sorted by "date added", but the track order numbers dont fit. I know that you can reset the track order by right clicking on the track number, but I have to do that for every playlist, and it just scrambles it again when I sync it the next time.

Any advice for me? It is a really annoying problem.

Cheers!

nikflewlow

nikflewlow Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Easy fix.

1) Click to sort by "Date Added" column.

2) Right-click any column-header and click "Renumber Track Order."

3) Export.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

18 commentaires

Hello Tom,

yes, it's scrambled on my CDJ.

Well - they are correctly sorted by track order number, but as I wrote before, these numbers are wrong.

nikflewlow 0 votes

And you have the sort selected on your CDJ as 'default'?

Tom Janssens 0 votes

Hey Tom,

yup - its set to default on the CDJ. But like I said - the track order numbers are already wrong when I look at my USB stick on rekordbox. 

Ill try to paraphrase: When I click on a playlist on my synced stick in rekordbox, the "date added" column is highlighted by default, so it is sorted by date correctly. But when I look at the track order numbers on the same playlist, it looks something like this (from top to bottom):

etc...

(not like 1,2,3,4,5... like it should be).

On my CDJ, it orders the tracks by track order number, so thats why they are messed up. I know there is a sort option on the CDJ aswell, but it hides valuable track information for me while browsing. So I guess there has to be an option in RB to get the track order numbers just like the sorting order in the playlist...hopefully?

Thanks for your help, appreciate it!

nikflewlow 0 votes

I have a XDJ-RX but it will be the same I think. But... My laptop is in repair so I can't test it or look for a reason. Hope to have him back next week.
Until then I hope some one will help you, or I will look in to it next week.

Tom Janssens 0 votes

Cheers! :) I edited my post to make it more clear. I think I know what the problem is, just not how to fix it...

nikflewlow 1 vote

I understand what he's saying. You have to go to your USB in the "Device" window and re-order the tracks by date added, then right click on any header and an option will appear at the top to "Remember Track Order" 

John Boyle 0 votes

Do I have to do this for every playlist every time I add a new song though? Or will it remember to always sort my playlists by date added after I've set it once?

John Boyle 0 votes

Here's the deal... each playlist is, by default, ordered by the order in which they are added to the list. If you sort it by name, the NUMBER order is still retained, it's just DISPLAYING it by name. If you now want it to keep a specific order, you need to renumber.

Pulse 0 votes

Hello you all,

sorry for the late reply - my weekend turned out to be longer than I thought.

First of all: Thanks for all your responses! :)

I know that you can reorder the playlist by clicking on "Renumber track order" - thats what I do all the time. And it works - after that, my CDJs display the tracks in correct order!

The thing is: I have around 20 playlists on my stick, and the track numbers get scrambled EVERY TIME I sync my usb stick with rekordbox. So even if I just want to add one more track, I have to go through all those playlists and click "renumber track order".

As you can imagine this gets really annoying after you have done it two or three times...

My primary question was if you can somehow prevent RB from scrambling it up every time.

Any suggestions?

Cheers! :)

nikflewlow 0 votes

It should retain the order and any new tracks added will be in the order they're added. Are they not?

Pulse 0 votes

Okay, nowhere did you mention the playlist is an intelligent playlist ... that will never behave the same way.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok Im re-starting this conversation because this issue is simply ridiculous. The renumber track order is (in my opinion) the most frustrating and useless function ever. It makes exporting playlists to a usb stick a nightmare.

Say I have my playlist ordered by BPM. I then hit renumber track order in rekordbox and the tracks are in order as wanted. When I export the playlist to the usb and plug the usb into a CDJ it's all fine. The tracks are all in BPM order (ascending or descending depending on choice) on the cdj.

Now the supper annoying part is I have to do that EVERYTIME I add a track to said playlist. By default the track order of tracks in playlists is based on what order they were imported in. So, if I have 200 tracks ordered by BPM and renumbered correctly and I add track #201, that track will go place itself somewhere in the playlist according to its BPM (because that is how I chose the list to be sorted) but the track's number will still be #201. If I do not hit renumber track order on that playlist before exporting it again to the usb stick, when I plug that stick into the CDJ the newly added track will simply find itself all the way at the bottom of the playlist, and not in BPM order like the others.

I cannot stress how annoying this is. I have well over 20 playlists. Sometimes I want them to be ordered by BPM, sometimes by KEY, sometimes by artist name etc, etc, etc. Every time I re-arrange a playlist order I HAVE to go through the renumber track order step or it won't appear correctly. This is ridiculous!! Is there a way to avoid this?

Alex Lowen 0 votes

You do know you can sort them by BPM on the CDJ itself, correct?

Pulse 0 votes

Yes I do and thank god for that otherwise the situation would be even worse. But again, it is one extra step to do before having the playlist organised the way desired. Is there a way to make the display view of a playlist in rekordbox the track order of that playlist without having to go through the whole process for every playlist?

Alex Lowen 0 votes