Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

2x turntables with interface 2 dvs and cdj hid link

Hi guys having issues. For a start i cant seem to link my turntables through interface 2 on rekord box. Theres no videos or any easy explainable content to tell me how to set it up. I dont have a pioneer mixer. I have 2x nexus2000cdj and 2x turntables i would like to use all at same time. But interface2 has to be run on an interface driver and the cdjs  link up via usb to the pioneer asio driver. and you cant use both. So my question is how to set the 2x nexus cdj via hid usb and 2x turntables via interface 2 soundcard. And i still need to know how to get any signal through dvs

billy prentice Répondu

Commentaire officiel

I just got it all set up and sad to say, this isn't going to work the way you want it to with the mixer you have.

Here's the problem... rekordbox is designed for one audio interface. If you use the IF2, that is the device it will use for input of the timecode and output of the audio from rekordbox. That means even though you could control rekordbox with a CDJ, it can't be used as an output device.

ASIO4ALL can aggregate multiple devices together, however there's a catch in that it doesn't recognize the IF2 as a 4x4 device, it shows up as a 2x2, which means you could use it for timecode I/O, but only on one turntable... effectively making it an IF1.

I even tried using some other software to try and make it work, but it's quite complex when trying to get signal in from one piece of hardware, then send it to software, then send the output back out to that hardware as well as two other pieces of hardware.

Sorry, but I'm afraid the answer is either you need to choose either HID or DVS, or get a DJM capable of DVS support... or use a Mac, which I haven't tested, but have a theory on how it would work.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

10 commentaires

I am using a allen and heath xone 92 i usually connect cdj nexus to rekordbox via hid usb. I have the interface 2 to connect turntables

billy prentice 0 votes

I'll need to get to a Windows computer to test things out -- I know our CDJ drivers are capable of bridging multiple units together to form a unified driver for all connected CDJs, but I'm not sure that the IF2 can also be merged into that driver. The reason this is a problem is that rekordbox only supports one audio device driver at a time. With the fact you're using the IF2 to bring in timecode to control 2 decks, and then also using 2 CDJs for HID, if my theory is correct, there may not be a way to get all decks outputting with your current setup.

The reason I asked about the mixer was to possibly use it as the output from rekordbox, but then I realised, it wouldn't make much difference as the IF2 is still the input (and output).

Leave this with me, I may have a solution for you this week... it might take a bit of extra software and some monkeying around, but now I'm curious as to whether or not this can be done.

Pulse 0 votes

Thankyou for your time and effort to check this out for me. Just seems a bit weird i cant use all at same time really. Cant really afford to buy a pioneer mixer with rekordbox on it. I may have to use two laptops. One for dvs and one for dj... just seems a bit much though! Thankyou again to look into this matter. Many regards Bill

billy prentice 0 votes

Hi Pulse, Was wondering if you had any luck in finding out if this set up can be acheived. Just cant find anything anywhere except lots of pictures with 2x turntable 2x nexus 2000cdj. So if these pictures exist then it must be possible somehow. Once again , thanks for looking into this matter. Regards Bill

billy prentice 0 votes

Yeah, most of the photos you've seen are likely with someone using a DJM. When you use a combination of audio interfaces, you need to aggregate things. I didn't have a chance to test it during the NAMM show, but it's on my list for this week.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse,

With a Pioneer DJM900Nexus & Rekordbox DVS, plugging laptop USB to mixer and CDJs, will Rekordbox allow vinyl timecode control on 2 decks and CDJ control of the other two decks with HID?

Sussing out coming over from Traktor and keen to understand limitations. Reading above you suggest Pioneer mixer could integrate all 4 devices, but can't with Interface 2 in other mixers.

Thanks.

Karl P 0 votes

With a DJM-900NXS2; yes, as the mixer supports DVS input, and the CDJs could operate HID alongside it.

Pulse 0 votes

hi there,

I ve a Mac, please can you explain  me how to use interface 2 with turntables and cdjs 850 linked via usb hub?

Thanks

Attilio Campese 0 votes