Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

ddj 1000

I notice that there is no crossfader curve on the new unit... that is one of the most important features on a controller. why would they leave that out !

dj xcel Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Because, much like other hardware, you can adjust it from within the software. Note that the vinyl stop / start time knob is also missing? It too is in the software.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

10 commentaires

Would it be possible to implement some way to map/assign the crossfader curve function to a hardware knob, or map/assign 3 curve selections to hardware buttons? 

I use the crossfader curve very often when I play for different transitions, from a slow blend to a quick blend to cutting and scratching. Having to go into some software setup area every time to adjust that is not reasonable. 

Is there any way to map the crossfader curve to any hardware knobs or buttons?

O F 1 vote

Sorry, that's a setting within the preferences, not something MIDI-mappable.

Pulse -1 votes

Thanks for the reply. I'm putting this in as a suggestion and a hope that this is reconsidered for future iterations of this controller. I was entirely ready to give up Serato and my SX2 to get this, but i cannot live without a physical crossfader curve control.

O F 1 vote

Sorry, I don't see them rushing to add a MIDI mapping for that as it's so seldom changed.

Pulse -1 votes

Thank you for your responses, and I hear you that nothing will be done about it...and that's a shame. But I completely disagree with your assessment that it's seldom changed. Line fader curves, agreed, those are seldom changed by any dj. But a blanket statement that crossfader curves are seldom changed is highly inaccurate. Depending on the dj, how they play, and the type of music they are playing, some do not change it much at all. But I know most dj's I've played with or seen/heard play, they change the cut of the crossfader very often during a set.

O F 1 vote

I recently bought this unit to use in my bar/restaurant /venue....

I had assumed like every other pioneer mixer in the past, the crossfader curve would be on the hardware. If I had known it wasn't on the mixer, I wouldn't have bought this unit!!! 

We often play all vinyl at the venue, it's not always practical to leave my laptop there, especially if I've got the night off and am trusting my staff or guest DJ's to do the right thing.

I constantly switch between scratching and curved crossfades when I dj, like many of my mates. So to not be able to change this via hardware sucks big time! I'll probably sell the unit as a result. :( If it's stuck on a slow curve and a hip hop DJ turns up, he's screwed!!! No scratching.... :/ Seems really cheap and fickle not to include this basic common feature... I guess that's why it was so cheap, cut too many corners!!! Surely you guys can fix this easily with a firmware update? A shift command option of some kind? PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!

Otherwise yeah... I'm selling the unit and will probs go back to using Serato, just on principal as this is REALLY BUGGING ME.... Don't be scrooges.... How hard would it be to do? Seriously, poor form dudes... Carn, it's a bloody pandemic lockdown, give you techs something to do!!!! Support DJ's and venues who've lost ALL their revenue.... :( 

djkaruna 1 vote

Dude, don't hold your breath. Pioneer doesn't care about the various types of djs out there. As you can see from their response above, they dont give a shit. To say "I don't see them rushing to add a MIDI mapping for that as it's so seldom changed" just proves that they have chosen to cater to one type of DJ and everyone else can kick rocks.

I don't see how even some entry level controllers/mixers have physical xfader curve controls, how ALL top of the line controllers/mixers from other companies have physical xfader curve controls, but Pioneer has decided it's not needed on lots of their recent releases.

Even after requests for this, they release the Serato version (1000SRT) also with no physical xfader control. My work around is to midi map this, but that only works when using Serato, so that wouldn't help you. Sorry man, but I think you ought to look elsewhere because after all this time, Pioneer has shown no interest in addressing this for those of us that do use. And there are many of us that do use it very often all through the night, from mix to mix.

Sorry for venting, just really pissed off with Pioneer over this because it is a big deal to many of us.

O F 1 vote

Man this is no small issue for me at all!!! RANT AWAY!!!! :D 

Right now my venue is closed, so I've got the mixer set up in my recording studio which is seperate to my house.

Quite often my wife or kids will be on my laptop, doing homework, downloading movies, streaming shit etc.

When I go out for a vinyl mix, I'm screwed without the Laptop!!! I'm actually probably going to just go back to using my old analog Rane mixer, it's MORE annoying to not be able to change the cross fader curve, than losing all the effects, bells and whistles that are on the DDJ-1000....

Pioneer is obviously more concerned about catering to laptop DJ's these days, and not us older heads who built the scene and supported their company for so many bloody years...

This would be SOOOOO easy to fix in a firmware update, simply add a shift command or something? 

Time to go back to Rane and Serato I think... Pioneer don't care about real DJ's :/

djkaruna 1 vote

It's disappointing that this Pioneer employee did not know nor address this!

It is entirely possible to midi-map the Crossfader Curve, to go between mixing and scratching, when using Rekordbox (version 5 or 6).

All you have to do is click MIDI. Then select your device you want MIDI-mapped (DDJ-1000, or DDJ-800, which I tested).

Then, select the MIXER tab.

Then, click ADD

Find CrossfaderCurve, select it.

Then, LEARN

What I did for my DDJ-800: Booth Volume. What you can do with the DDJ-1000-- probably one of the Color knobs, maybe for a lesser-used channel (Channel 4, maybe). Sometimes knobs already are mapped to things. Experiment and see.

This is entirely possible since Rekordbox 4, and works with the current version.

Hope that helps!

Chris C 1 vote