Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-RR Headphone & Master Controls w/ External Audio Interface

I am currently playing around on a DDJ-SR in Rekordbox but want to get a DDJ-RR. However, I've run into an issue with the DDJ-SR that I am hoping is resolved with the RR.

Wen I use my Focusrite 2i4 as the audio interface, the Headphone Mixing, Master Level, and Headphone Level controls on the SR do nothing. However, I am able to manipulate the corresponding controls in Rekordbox just fine so perhaps it's an issue of mapping? The MIDI map for the SR does not indicate these controls as sending MIDI signals, which I verified as true with MIDI Ox.

Using the SR as the audio interface, I can change these parameters either on the controller or in the software.

Will I run into the same issue with the RR?

Thanks!

Josh S Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Not having used that Focusrite, I can't say for certain. While other 3rd-party audio and MIDI hardware may function with rekordbox, Pioneer DJ does not guarantee the operation or performance of those devices, or Pioneer DJ products when used in combination with those products. Limited support may be offered to assist with configuration of those devices within rekordbox, however this does not extend to any necessary customization or support of the device, or its management software / drivers.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

Thanks for the reply - I totally understand not being able to support 3rd-party devices or know specifically about the Focusrite. I definitely don't expect a guarantee of any sort.

Do you know if these knobs have worked correctly while using other external audio interfaces with the DDJ-RR? Since RB does in fact support external interfaces (unlike Serato - thank you), I would think this would be something that in general you'd want to work. 

Josh S 0 votes

Josh

why not use the interface built into the unit? 

DJ Chase 0 votes

That is a totally viable option if using an external interface is not possible. However, I believe the sound quality may be better with the Focusrite so I want to explore that option as well since I have the equipment. 

Josh S 0 votes