Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-RX Crossfader not working correctly

The crossfader on my DDJ-RX is not behaving correctly. Rekordbox thinks the crossfader is either all the way left or all the way right, as soon as I pass the halfway point on my DDJ-RX the crossfader jumps to either the left or right.

Nicholasjstackhouse Répondu

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

PC.

I have a video I can send over if you need one. Only started happening today and I use them fairly regularly (3-4 times a week).

Nicholasjstackhouse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

That would be great as well.

Can you download MIDI-OX and see if the crossfader is sending incremental signal all the way across the travel? It should look like a constant stream of numbers in the MIDI input window as you move the crossfader from one side to the other.

Pulse 0 votes

This is what happens: https://youtu.be/IUpoUwgXR2Q 

It looks like a MIDI signal is only being sent when the crossfader goes past the middle point. Screenshot is of me moving the crossfader back and forth multiple times.

Is this something which can be fixed with a hardware reset?

Will installing a new crossfader fix the issue? Would really like this to be sorted before a gig on Saturday. Thanks

You could first try toggling the crossfader assignments to opposite sides, but given that the MIDI output snaps the way it does, it's likely a hardware issue. You could try a hardware reset, but I don't know that it will help. 

1. Disconnect the USB from the RX
2. Turn on the power of RX while pressing [SHIFT] button on the left deck and [DECK 1] button at the same time. 
3. Wait for about 5 seconds.
4. Press the [SYNC] button on the both decks for 3 seconds.

When the [SYNC] buttons' LED is turned off, reconnect the USB and launch rekordbox to see if it's working properly.

If the hardware is working, you could also try resetting the MIDI mapping to defaults within rekordbox -- click the MIDI button, then click the DEFAULT button in the MIDI window.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks I'll try this when I'm home. Although I tested the crossfader with my turntables playing regular vinyl and the same issue occured, which indicates to me it's a hardware issue.

Is there anyway to purchase the stock crossfader that comes in the DDJ-RX? Or will I have to purchase a 3rd party crossfader like the Innofader?

Thanks,