Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Beat Matching Display

hey guys

i just got my ddj 1000 yesterday

im with serato for the past 10 years and i really want to check rekordbox out cause i thing its the future

but please if you can add the option of

Beat Matching Display

like serato have (it makes the mixing so much comfortable - i know you have grid but its not the same at all)

it would make a lot of DJs going from serato to rekordbox

im adding a photo of the Beat Matching Display

so you can understand better what im talking about

i circled the part that i thing would be very helpful and popular

Orel DjBlackout

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

The section across the top is basically a phase meter, the middle bit is the waveform peaks.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

im more interested in the middle part

cause i can even mix songs without headphones

just by looking at it and matching the lines

i know it sound stupid but i know like 30 dj's that only mix like that

so i think that if you could add something like that it would make the transition from serato to rekordbox more popular 

Orel DjBlackout 0 votes

Tempo Matching Display is a great feature in since SSL. I think I use the top one more as it even reflects bpm changes as the track progresses even when the song is not beat gridded. Think 70/80s funk tracks with live drummers. You can see the bpm changing as you hear it and you can quickly pitch up or down to keep things locked.

Marv 0 votes

@Marv > But if you were to import those tracks using the dynamic beat grid analysis (something Serato DJ doesn't have), rekordbox will dynamically warp the playback speed to stretch and compress the playback speed to a consistent rate.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi @Pulse, the dynamic beat grid analysis. How does it compare in terms of getting it right vs manually flexible gridding?

I tried with one funk track yesterday using the dynamic analysis after a few bars the grid and down beat was not aligned again. 

Marv 0 votes