Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-XP1 Effects

So I sold off my DDJ-SP1 to pick up a DDJ-XP1. One item I particularly enjoyed about the SP1 is that it added similar effects buttons and knobs for depth that the controllers had along with it being an option under FX in performance mode. Maybe I'm missing how to do it but one hope in getting the XP1 was that the same effects would be available just with the slide instead of the knob. Sadly they are not. Is there any way to make this an option? I specifically enjoy using the high and low pass filter echos and now the only option is to add it to the pads, but that is quite a bit of work for what used to be just a twist of a knob. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond :)

J. Stevens Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Unfortunately not, but you do have access to the new Slide FX:

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

I don't understand why not. There's a whole series of effects that can not be used with the XP1, or really at all when using it unless you have a controller. This makes me want to just return my XP1 and go get an SP1. The slide fx have no depth control and there is nothing special to them. Echo, spiral, reverb, trans, phaser, pitch, roll? Those are available on almist all the mixers and eveywhere else. I can't believe your engineers looked over this. I'm really disheartened by your short and apathetical response. 

J. Stevens 1 vote

Sorry, it should have been apparent by the lack of knobs on the unit itself that you would not have those controls on this hardware.

Try changing the Slide FX to a single (instead of the triple) and you do have access to additional control of the FX, but you would need to re-map or use another device to control them.

Pulse 0 votes

a simple filter on the slide FX would go a long way

matt milk 2 votes

Why pioneer just say "Unfortunately not" instead of doing some adjusts on the rekordbox software?

I want to address other effects to slidefx, like the "noise", "filters", whatever, the slide can change the behavior for each fx like the default fx, for all fx, its only a software update and boom.

Your excuses are weak, because a lot of fx have poor controls, like trans and flanger, where the slide fx just changes the beat parameter and not the level, its annoying, ddj xp1 does not deliver half what it sells.

Eder Lima 2 votes

i'm glad i bought the ddj-xp1 for the licenses and not as an FX controller as i'm very disappointed with its FX implementation.

dax murphy 0 votes