Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

You are losing loyal customers!!!! DDJ-1000 backorder

First off I would like to say I have been a loyal pioneer DJ and music producer for a long time. I have spent at the very least 5k with your company in the last five years. Being a loyal customer I decided to wait for the DDJ-1000 instead of giving my money to your competitors (denon) after seeing your product displayed st NAMM. I instantly ordered one from zsounds because they had the quickest date as far as availability DDJ-1000 availability. March 2 it said it would ship and I purchased it on preorder a few days prior. March 2 comes and goes, nothing, I call and they say it has been pushed to the 8th of march. 8th comes and goes, this scenario continues and I was told the 17, 23, 2nd of April, and now THE 23rd of April. I called zsounds to find out how realistic this date is and as far as they know, it could just be another bunch of BS from pioneer. Who is to say the 23rd will come and go and pioneer won't tell them, oh sorry, it's going to be May. 

I have no problem waiting for a new product, but not when the company makes them tells everyone st NAMM you can put your order i today and they will ship soon. I need a controller for personal and business reasons so a hard date is going to determine who gets my money.

From what it looks like to me, denon put immense pressure on pioneer for pulling what so many other companies do when they have a monopoly on an industry, sit on their butts and not innovate a thing. Now that they have been sleeping for 5 years denon has come in and made something kick ass. To show fan that they still exist they threw a couple units of the ddj-1000 together for. NAMM and limited stock for reviewers and didn't have a clue how production was going to happen. If you would like to keep me as a customer, and I know a few people in the same position I am speaking on behalf of, we would like a real hard date of when these mythical units will be made and shipped out.

I'm a professional person and I don't see the point in being rude, but at this point I'm only responding to how I have already been treated, like a sucker. I think the unit is kick ass and I want one but if you can't deliver on what you tell us, then I would like to go elsewhere. Please give us a date or at least a reason regarding what is going on here.

Thanks 

John

John K. Cameron Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Our product teams did not anticipate that the product would be so well received when the initial manufacturing order was placed, as a result the initial shipments were sold out on pre-orders before they were even being shipped out of the factory. We are rushing to get more units made and shipped, but we don't we don't have access to sales / distribution information and the best source for availability timing is your retailer.

Sorry guys, I'll be closing this topic now as there's nothing more I can tell you.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

8 commentaires

@John > Unfortunately the best source for availability timing is your retailer - we don't have access to sales / distribution information, but we do hope everyone who has pre-ordered will get them soon!

Pulse 0 votes

I completely agree with you, John.

I ordered the DDJ-1000 more than one month ago when delays were supposed to have shortened. Now it's a few weeks late (shipping to Europe were supposed to happen last week) and a gig tomorrow with no DDJ-1000.

No excuse and no explanation from Pioneer DJ. It's a shame. 

Axel 0 votes

(And yet, finally an explanation while I was writing my last post !)

Axel 0 votes

@Axel > Can I ask what kind of excuse or explanation you're expecting to receive, and if one were provided, what would your reaction be if it wasn't acceptable to you?

Pulse 0 votes

What he said is acceptable... But you have to understand people plan their life's around your products so if the delays were forecasted then maybe you could have got that information to us... You guys have released products before with high demand and know how it works. I get the strategy here, but it isn't needed,, you already have our loyalty, We are just saying the with the amount of money we give your company the least we could get is updated info via the retailers we use.

What kind of question is that?? Because it just sounds like you are being a smart ass and in not sure how that keeps customers. I told you my reason for venting as I'm sure the other poster has similat reasons.... Are we supposed to be happy waiting a month and half. I almost want to boycott your product just for that rude ass response. Unreal.

John K. Cameron 0 votes

@Pulse -> You actually did give me an acceptable explanation with your first answer :)

The point is that I didn't ordered it back in January because of the lack of availability. Then my local stored gave me a 3-week delay and we're 6 weeks later. If more delays were required, I'd ve prefered to know it earlier on. 

I may have sold my previous gear in the meantime and have nothing for my next gig.

Axel 0 votes

All I want to know is ........ " WHAT IS THE REAL DATE, NOW " ..... It's that simple! I have the full Denon SC 5000 and Denon X 1800. The date of release was screwed on the Denon item's too, but not like this.I had ordered the DDJ 1000 first day out to the public per ZZounds. I was lucky to get the DJ RB DMX1 DMX controller witch it on backorder now until June 4, 2018, per ZZounds, that was to be out the same or around the same date of the DDJ 1000. You may ask why I keep saying ZZounds, FYI they offer me 12 payments same as cash, highly recommend them, 45 days return if you do not like the product or it is just not you. I also am into drones and it is alway's the same with DJI Products. It is a " SALE RACE " thing!  Even Apple products are this way. BUT when a buyer wants a product and expects it to be on or around the date as stated by Manufacturer. People either sell there the old product or make arrangements to change over, so Yea kinda screws shit up when dates are pushed out or buy's are a lie too, all the buyer want's is the real date or around the date. Will I keep my Pioneer DDJ 1000 from ZZound's good chance NOT! Denon just has the market right now. *******   AND YES HERE IT GOES >>>>>>> IT"S NOT PROFESSIONAL, " IT'S A TOY " , IT'S NOT THE CLUB STANDARD "  ****** Say what you will, I been using the Denon system for a while and Pioneer just has a lot of catching up to do, look at whats going on now, Pioneer is lying about there release date to buyer's who been waiting forever. Seems to me pioneer " threw a controller " together to " compete " with Denon. What Pioneer should have done is updated there stand-alone CDJ's. The " ONLY " thing I do not like about the Denon Sc 5000 is " NO CD's, ****** yes laugh again !!!! but a lot of " older DJ did spin from records and cd's, shit even tapes back in the day. It is just nice to have that there or even have the system or cd unit part of it operate separately or as a back up if the file part went screwy and I can grab a CD or have in the player for quick load or press of a button. Even not that I have remixes and some music cannot get in file format or even find, YES I can convert to files. But nice to use the CD part. "Anyway " SORRY " for my outburst !!!! I would like to see Pioneer get their shit straight because having more than one manufacturer to compete is good for the market and DJ's or bedroom DJ's. Again will I keep my DJ 1000, I really can not answer that but it did come out at a " GREAT PRICE " So again pioneer just give US a " REAL DATE " of release? Thank You Simple question, just need a simple answer that is realistic. Not an excuse for production, were the cousomer, just want product in hand. 

James 0 votes