Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Pioneer DDJ RR - license

Good morning,

I bought a second-hand Pioneer RR + license key attached to the kit. The license assigned to the account of the previous owner who went abroad and I do not have contact with him. Is it possible to unlock the license key and assign it to my account (email)?

Best Regards

Marcin Bielica

Martin B Répondu

Commentaire officiel

@Martin > Sorry about that - unfortunately the rekordbox license is not tied to the unit itself; the key number on the hardware's serial number sticker is for internal tracking, not to unlock software.

If the previous owner did not wish to sell the rekordbox license, they are within their right to sell only the hardware without it - but if they have indicated in the sale that the rekordbox license was to be included, you'll have to contact them and ask for them to file a ticket here requesting the license be transferred to you.

If they will not respond or do not wish to transfer the license, we are not able to force them to do so, as they are still able to use it with other products. You are able to purchase a license or monthly subscription at rekordbox.com.

Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

Hello,

I do not know if we understood each other well? the client sold the device on which the license key is, but additionally I got a separate license key for Rekordbox. It is assigned to the account (email) and after installing RB 5.2 and entering the key, the message appears that the key is already assigned to another account. It can be unlocked only in the Rekordbox in options - deactivation of the license key. I do not have contact with the seller and I have the key is the ability to activate it with another account?

Martin B 0 votes

If you have your own license key for rekordbox, you should be logged-in to that account in order to activate it. Click KUVO > Privacy Settings then click Change in the pop-up box. That will allow you to log-out and then log-in to use the account for which that license key is registered.

Pulse 0 votes

The problem is that the previous user should log in, deactivate and release the key. Unfortunately, it is not possible to contact him :(

Martin B 0 votes

If the license is activated on their account and you are using the same account to activate it on your computer, yes -- simply deactivating it would work.

If you are using your own account, then he would need to contact Pioneer DJ via the support ticket link (above) and request that it be removed from his account and transferred to you.

Pulse 0 votes

Good Evening. Please i bought pioneer ddj-rr with license key but i have forgotten the account i used to activate. Is there any way i can get the license key or find my account maybe with the serial number of the controller?

kevin asare 0 votes