Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

interface2 sound distortion

Hello,

I am getting lots of distortion when playing my tracks through Rekordbox. All levels are set halfway nothing is clipping. This is my second unit cause I was hoping this one would be fine but it turned out the same

My hook up:

-PDX-1000 into Interface2 in Line mode

-Interface2 config. routing set to: USB

-Playing track on Rekordbox and getting massive distortion

Again I opened up the sound mixer on windows10 and everything is halfway to make sure volumes were not maxed out but the issue persist.any advice of what I maybe doing wrong would help Thanks!

Victor Diaz

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

If you're using a PLX-1000, you want to connect it to the PHONO INPUT on the IF2, and from the IF2 output to the LINE INPUT on your mixer.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will try this when I get home, and the only reason I didn’t use phone on the interface2 was because I get a humming sound (not distortion like the line input)on phono using the interface2, mind you I don’t use a ground wire when plugged directly into my mixer but the interface2 I do. Odd cause the power cable is grounded.

I will try to run an extra ground wire tonight and hopefully I don’t get any humming from using phono on the interface2.

I will keep you posted and see if I get distortion using phono.

Victor Diaz 0 votes

So I tried the Phono inputs and I’m still getting distortion. All my volume levels are not maxed out, but I’ve noticed in the Rekodbox program itself, the levels are clipping but my volume levels are not maxed out.

Is there a way to turn down the level in the application itself? All the level adjusters in the app are blacked off.

Victor Diaz 0 votes

hi all... if you are having trouble with distortion when playing.... let me tell you the resolution.... in the ASIO Setting for where you installed the Driver for the INTERFACE II for Windows.. you will have 3 options in there... 1 will be INTERFACE II Audio setting... inside there you will see a slider to increase your latency, i have mine set around 768 and all plays sweet..!!! Hope it helps.... if you need an explanation i will happily help if needed...!!!  folder will be found C:Program Files (x86)/Pioneer/INTERFACEII/INTERFACEII Config ... thats where you go to change setting...  increase the latency to passed 700 all should sound great... you will hear a whining sound from the timecode vinyl also..... i think thats the norm

DJ DnO 0 votes

Is it distortion of the audio signal, or is it noise like clicking and popping?

Pulse 0 votes