Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

recover from accidentally formatted drive

I accidentally formatted the primary drive I use with Rekordbox recently. I have recovered the audio files and the RB database. How can I recover the playlists, corrected grids, and cue points being that there is nothing loaded into RB anymore? 

Duane Aldridge

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

Your playlists are stored in the database, the grid data is stored in another folder. Was it an external drive?

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Yes, it was an external drive. I don’t know how to reimplement the database since all of the music was totally deleted out of RB.

Duane Aldridge 0 votes

Have you tried data recovery on the drive itself?

Pulse 0 votes

I’ve successfully recovered the data on the drive. Is this as easy as simply reloading all the tunes back into RB? That would be great, but seems unlikely. But what do I know? Lol
I haven’t loaded it all back in because I worried it may creat a new database or something permanently deleting all the old info.

Duane Aldridge 0 votes

If you've recovered the data, the database itself shouldn't need to relocate or re-import anything. Have you not loaded the old database?

Pulse 0 votes

ok so I've selected the database to the F: drive which is where I want it and all the tunes are located.

but the files and playlists only show in the rekordbox xml and not in the regular playlists... i should add that it doesn't show all the playlists

I'm under the impression the playlists should show now, but they don't. What am I missing here?

Duane Aldridge 0 votes

It would appear I have found the problem. The drive the data was recovered to before being transferred back to the F: drive only has an XML doc named "rekordbox database", but no Pioneer folder. I also just realized that the G: drive doesn't show up in the options on RB even though it's plugged in. I'm going to hold off crying until you confirm this, but I've got a bad feeling. 

-I tried adding a screen shot, but the site wouldn't let me for some reason. Hopefully I described what I'm seeing well enough though.

Duane Aldridge 0 votes

minor update: G: drive does show up, but produces nothing when the database is moved to it. All of my drives show up, which I find a little odd since one of them is just my OS.

Duane Aldridge 0 votes