Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

7 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ 400 jog wheel issues

Hello!

I just picked up a DDJ 400 last week.  I am having all sorts of problems with the jog wheels.

They seem incredibly inconsistent, they are functioning like vinyl mode is turned off or just completely not functioning.

Not sure what happen.  I didn't notice the issue the first couple days, i noticed issues after updating to the most recent version of rekordbox.  I had the free version installed prior to purchasing the hardware/license.  I updated the software after a couple days of activating my license.

I have a support ticket in, but no reply.

I've tried other usb cables, i unplugged the RCAs to see if it is a static interference issue.  Nothing seems to resolve the problem.

I took the controller to a friend's who has a Mac Book and the jog wheels functioned normally.  I have a HP Spectre with Windows 10 with i7 processor.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.  This is a very bizarre an frustrating issue to troubleshoot.

Thank you!

Alex Cleanthous Répondu

Commentaire officiel

The most common issue is that your computer is not providing adequate power over the USB port for the DDJ's power requirement for full functionality, which is why it worked on the MacBook Pro (different power delivery). Try using a different USB port, or even a powered USB hub.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

15 commentaires

The good news is it was working and worked at your friends.

I would suggest you go backward with the changes you made on your setup.

Go back to the version that was working and just use your license on that to see if it works.

LS 0 votes

since i install the last update for rekordbox the jog wheel unite 1 is not working for touch/break and scratch, only works when i touch the jog wheel unite 2, i dont know what to do, please help

Daniel Torres 0 votes

@Daniel > Did you possibly disable vinyl mode? Look for the blue ring around the inside of the jog to indicate the status; the left deck is enabled, the right deck is disabled in this example:

Pulse 1 vote

same thing was happening to be... I think the problem was I was using the controller with my laptop with without charging it. The controller was not getting enough power and was acting weirdly but when I connected the charger it worked fine.

AJZ PRZ 0 votes

Hello! I have a ddj400 that I JUST bought. My right jog wheel will not work. It doesn't scratch (I have vinyl mode enabled) when I try to search, the wheel does not want to move from the cue. I have tried midi shortcuts, I have tried a different USB port, I have it plugged in to a computer that supplies more than enough power. I have trues everything in the above mentioned. Please help me!!! I do not want to give up in mixing!!! Please help!!!

Kelson Erece 1 vote

@Kelson > Sorry to hear that - does it work if you're touching another surface (eg. the face of the DDJ, or your laptop chassis)?

Pulse 1 vote

So on the right jog wheel, I can break, but the moment I try to scratch, nothing. No.matyer if I'm only touching the face, or in contact with another surface. Not sure what to do.

Kelson Erece 1 vote

I have plenty of power coming from.my usb ports, I have tried multiple computers, I've tried multiple USB cables, nothing works.

Kelson Erece 0 votes

And now for some reason my cross fader isn't working any more, and the right deck won't play sound. I'm honestly furious now. No settings have been changed, I take very good care of the deck. Please help. I'm almost ready to give up

Kelson Erece 0 votes

Hello. I've been having similar problems with only the left jog wheel. However when I touch my laptop it suddenly starts working again. Plugging into another USB port didn't hell and in the manual I read that it shouldn't be connected via powered USB hub. What should I do? (I'm assuming the port isn't providing enaugh power)

Andrzej Krzyżanowski 0 votes

@Andrzej > This indicates a grounding issue with your computer; please try using a different USB cable, or unplug the power adapter from your laptop and I expect the issue will disappear.

Pulse 0 votes

thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow. Ideed, when I unplug the charger issue disappears, but unfortunately I can't run my laptop without it for more than a few minutes :(

Andrzej Krzyżanowski 0 votes