Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ SB3 static/feedback

I received my DDJ SB3 controller and a set of Pioneer DM 40 speakers from Amazon recently. I first hooked up the speakers to my laptop at which point they were working fine. After this I launched Serato DJ Lite and connected my DDJ SB3. Everything seems to have connected properly and the program appears to be able to communicate with the device as I am able to control the songs playing with it just as I should but the problem I am running in to is even when no audio is playing I get a ton of static/feedback coming through both my speakers and headphones and then when I do play songs the audio is very distorted and almost blocked out by the static noise. Have others encountered this same problem/is there anything you can do to help? Thanks in advance!

Dustin Wade

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

@Dustin > Are you using a USB cable that has a ferrite core on it? That can help eliminate noise on the cable. If it's a laptop, do you have the power connected?

How have you connected the SB3 to the speakers? Are they connected directly to the controller or to your computer's output?

Pulse 1 vote
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Thank you for the response, I am connecting the speakers to my controller directly with the Audio converter cable (3.5 mm stereo mini plug to RCA) that came included with the speakers and then connecting the controller directly to my computer with the USB cable that came included in the box. I am primarily using a laptop and have tried it with power connected and without. I have also tried the same set up but with a brand new desktop computer instead of my laptop but unfortunately the same issue persisted.

Dustin Wade 1 vote

Sorry, I don't quite follow on the cable you're using ... are you connecting the headphone output from the SB3 to the speakers?

Pulse 0 votes

Hello,

I am having something similar happen with my DDJ-SB3 controller. I connect it to my PC with a USB cable and to the speakers with RCA cables.  I am using Serato DJ Pro as my software. As soon as I connect the USB cable I begin to hear a moderately loud hum coming from the speakers. If I leave the controller alone until it times out and starts flashing the pad lights in rotation I notice the hum follows the moving pattern ie if the lights are just flashing the hum goes high/low high/low if they are rotation the hum whines at different levels as it moves.  I have tried connecting to different USB ports and replacing both the USB and RCA cables but nothing seems to resolve the issue.  I would appreciate any ideas on this. Sorry my post doesn't provide any help for you Dustin(original poster).  Oh yeah my PC OS is Windows 10.  

Garwells 0 votes

@Garwells > That is caused by interference due to the design of the USB chipset in your computer. The data and power are not properly isolated causing hum or buzz to occur. You can try using a ferrite core to eliminate the interference.

Pulse 0 votes

I am having the same static feedback issues with my ddj sb3.  strong audio signal with static and popping.  PC is optimized and all software and drivers updated.  same usb cable that came with the unit.  static noise coming through head phones too. PC plugged into power wall outlet.  windows 10 i5 cpu.  bought new rca's and rca to 1/4in cables.  no external devices attached to laptop.  went through serato and pioneer dj's troubleshooting protocol and problem still persist.  haven't had the unit more than 8 months.  I take really good care of my gear since Im a disabled vet and cant afford to replace hardware so its not from neglect.   

humbert22 0 votes

I had de mic volume behind the controller at max range, that was causing the interference.........

Sebastián Díaz 0 votes

Hi, I have figured out the issue. Just turn down the mic levels at the back of the controller and the humming stops :)

Rajat Agarwal 0 votes