Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

7 abonnés S’abonner

Pulse : good news - i have found the bug that causes audio quality issues

Hi Pulse,

Remember, i spoke about audio quality issues and phase, bit perfect....

I've found the bug.

It's a Headroom .xml settings bug :

if you install Rekordbox for the first time, on a clean PC, the Headroom for DDJ 1000 is at - 9dB with the settings in the rekordbox3.settings.xml files :

<VALUE name="HeadRoomLevelVer440" val="-1"/>
<VALUE name="HeadRoomLevel" val="4"/>

And the sound is good, no compression, no phase problem, near bit pefect after analysis.

But after the clean install, if you change the Headroom settings in Rekordbox, to -6db or other values and you set again to -9dB, the rekordbox3.settings.xml, save values like this :

<VALUE name="HeadRoomLevelVer440" val="4"/>

(To see the change in rekordbox3.settings.xml files, don't forget to close/open again)

You will have -9dB of Headroom but with a bad compressed sound. Because the .xml settings is bad

<VALUE name="HeadRoomLevelVer440" val="4"/>

it should stay at

to reproduce this : just delete rekordbox3.settings.xml without Internet connection, and launch Rekordbox, it will be set Headroom in this file correctly like a clean install and will set good settings value for DDJ 1000 :

for -9dB of Headroom (Internal mode) the good settings should be :

for -6db of Headroom (Internal mode) the good settings should be :

<VALUE name="HeadRoomLevel" val="3"/>

And now when i change with this good values, as the first clean Rekordbox install, before to be corrupted , the measurements of Audio engine as good as VDJ 8.3 

Please warn your Rekordbox Developpers, about this bug, i've spent several hours.... Still little vu-meter bug, that are higher on DDJ1000, thanRekordbox, and some recording levels, but with this settings AUDIO is better good

Measurements with this good settings, audio settings Headroom :

It's very good :) 

hope it's help Rekordbox Team for Pioneer.

You can send this post to Gabriel, or European Rekordbox Team.

Regards,

Olivier F;

Olivier Frappier

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

Thanks for the insight on that - I'll do ya one better and pass it to the rekordbox product planning team. ;)

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Thanks Pulse,

another bug than can alter audio with this the rekordbox3.settings file, it's that keep old settings of old audio card, cumulated with different samplerate. Even if you reset from Rekordbox settings to default, all cumulated old controller/audiocard.....

It can alter Audio engine.

I will update my ticket. Anyway, since i've clean up this file, Rekordbox have a very good AUDIO measurements. Still a little bug with DDJ1000 level meter (to high, if you compare with Rekordbox meter), but i'm a happy man with AUDIO.

So, i will clean up this manually each time.

I use again Rekordbox, but i will have to delete rekordbox2.settings file, when i change controller/audiocard or update Rekordbox.

To be safe.....with audio settings and samplerate at 44,1 for all audio device

Sound good, audioengine : good

Happy.

and the DDJ1000, meter display/recording bug is always here, even with good audio

if you set -9dB of Headroom, DDJ1000 display -6dB on unit deck meter, Rekordbox master level display -9dB, but Rekordbox recording level display -6dB , even with master out, recording level, at default 0 . Around 3 dB of display error 

if you set -6dB of Headroom, DDJ1000 display -3dB on unit deck meter, Rekordbox master level display -6dB, but Rekordbox recording level display -3dB , even with master out, recording level, at default 0 . Around 3 dB of display error

if you set -3dB of Headroom, DDJ1000 display 0dB on unit deck meter, Rekordbox master level display -3dB, but Rekordbox recording level display -0dB , even with master out, recording level, at default 0 . Around 3 dB of display error

Regards,

Olivier F.

Olivier Frappier 1 vote

Hi Olivier,where is located the xml file?i want to try if there's differences..o've the headroom set to -12db..So,thanks for spending your time in these test..hope Pio's dev team can improve the software with your suggenstions!

stefano bonfante 0 votes

@stefano

i've been contacted by Pioneer support. 

Good news : it was not the Headroom settings, but other setting.

I've good feedback, no doubt, the DJJ1000 levels will be fixed soon :)

I'm happy for AUDIO (but for lighting it's another story) , and wait and see :)

Olivier F.

Olivier Frappier 1 vote

Very good! hope they release a new firmware\Rb update soon!

stefano bonfante 0 votes

Hi,
I’m experiencing poor audio when scratching, I recently changed headroom from -9db to -6db and then changed it back, somehow it sounds like it’s going through an 8-bit synth.

Please help me.

Dav 0 votes