Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Wedj App (subscriptions)

I see the wedj app has been updated for Iphone only to support subscription services (soundcloud, beatport ect).

Will this updated app be coming to the Ipad and also to Android at any point? And if so could you give a date?

Shaun Green Répondu

Commentaire officiel

The iPhone app will work on the iPad (although not natively, and I don't currently have any information as to if/when). As for Android, same boat; no if/when information at this time. Sorry!

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

Yes it will run on the ipad, but it is the older version and does not have the ability to stream music from a paid subscription like the new one. This renders my ipad useless until an update comes through. Every piece of pioneer equipment lately is requiring me to buy yet more hardware which is annoying. I will not be going out to buy a new iphone just so i can use your app. Yet on android it seems to be left it the dark as always.

Shaun Green 0 votes

Okay, so I got some additional information...

The iPhone app can be used on the iPad, but there currently are no plans for a native iPad app.

Android will have an update in May, but will have a few less features than the iOS version due to the difficulties in developing for such a fragmented system OS.

Pulse 0 votes

Yes the iphone app runs on the ipad but it will only run the older version which is pointless. I don't understand why you will not add the new features in the ipad app. I also don't understand why there is no plans for a native ipad app. Surely people will want to use ipads more with this device as much as an iphone. Due to battery life, bigger screen size ect (a lot more to mention here). An iphone just does not cut it. Surely its down to choice but i really believe you should be supporting both here??

Also android suffers bad with latency in there devices so it will not do as well and will struggle to sell. Also will not receive updates as regular....Although i wish they would sort this out as it is the most popular operating system in the world. It just makes sense that in 2019 these things should be addressed. Half the reason i will be selling my pioneer digital equipment of late.

Shaun Green 0 votes

I'm not sure why that decision was made (re: the iPad) but it has been brought up. Only time will tell. And yes, you can get the new phone version running on the iPad if you search the store for "WeDJ for iPhone" - I have it running on my iPad Mini 2 on iOS 12.

If you want to go bigger, don't forget that this also unlocks rekordbox dj -- the hardware technically costs the same as a license does (although it can't be used with other hardware).

Android may be more popular simply by virtue of the number of devices (and largely due to the number of less expensive devices). Apple stats from February state that 95% of iOS device users either have iOS 11 or 12 installed, the other 5% are "earlier." Google's own stats show only 38% of devices are running one of the last 2 releases (Oreo (8/8.1) or Pie (9)), with roughly 50% still running OS Nougat, Marshmallow, and Lollipop (which, btw, was released in 2014), and that still leaves 11% running an OS released between 2010 and 2014. And that doesn't even account for minor release fragmentation caused by mobile carriers who create their own sub-versions.

Pulse 0 votes

Well i can't seem to find this app. Probably because am on an older iPad. This is what annoys me, it always requires new hardware! Av gone from android which worked terrible, to an older iPad which was not much better and now i need new Ipad just to run the newest software to get the things working as they should.

We can have a debate about android and ios all day log, however the facts are straight up.... android is the most used operating system out of the two. And yes people are running on older versions of android but this does not mean the device is not capable of running your software. The updates of the operating system are down to the producer of the device and not google. Your developers are just to lazy to produce the goods on android regardless of android version. This has been an issue for years. At the end of the day i believe its Pioneers loss, as all the extra people they could have using there software and hardware is only good news, sadly its not the case.

Shaun Green 0 votes

@Shaun > I'm running an iPad Mini 2; one of the oldest still supported.

I'll leave you to enjoy your opinion about our engineers' laziness and just how many DJs are using Android.

Pulse 0 votes