Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

Corsair Voyager GTX 256GB usb 3.1

Formatted FAT32 and working fine in recordbox does NOT get recognized by cdj2000nxs2.

I'm about at my wits end here. This was the last Drive I was going to try, as everything I read in these forms points to this usb drive being the best. I've tried SD cards (only to find out sdxc won't work), I formatted a different USB (hfs+ and it doesn't get recognized), I've tried a ton of different things to get my setup working and it's just not happening. The only USBS that work are the cheap sandisk's I bought at Walmart. They're limited to 32GB, and are way too slow. The SD cards that I bought are 64GB so those are obviously too big. And the other USB I bought and formatted to hfs+ isn't being read by my CDJ, either.

Does the 3.1 GTX not work? Should I have bought in the 3.0? I'm only going to buy one more drive and after that I'm giving up. What a waste of time.

Sirkit Br8ker

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

12 commentaires

So I got the drive to work, but only if it's plugged in to the usb port when the cdj is off. If it's plugged in while the cdj is off, and I power the cdj up, the usb port on the cdj will start flashing and the GTX 3.1 usb drive lights up, too. After that it seems to work fine. All my playlists are there, settings load on menu push, and songs play. Then, if I unplug it and try to plug it back in, nothing. Like nothing is plugged in. The usb port jb the cdj doesn't light up, the GTX usb doesn't light up, literally nothing happens. No error code either, like there's nothing plugged in.

I have the latest 1.84 cdj2000nxs2 firmware, rekordbox is the latest version 5.5.0, and again the GTX 3.1 usb is formatted (single, MBR primary partition) FAT32 and works fine in rekordbox, syncs up just fine, all my songs synced.

Sirkit Br8ker 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Your disk formatting options are correct.

I've never had much luck with Corsair USB sticks with CDJs. I would suggest purchasing a SanDisk brand USB stick, I've never experienced any issues on any CDJ.

lostnthesound 0 votes

That's on me–I was associating Corsair with a different brand I was thinking. If Pulse vouches for it, then it's solid. Sorry for the confusion.

Are you experiencing the problem with both CDJs?

lostnthesound 0 votes

The Corsair Survivor drives are to be avoided, but the GTX is the BOMB! That said, I haven't tested the new 3.1 version of the drive (nor a 256GB capacity).

It's unusual that it would only work when plugged in before the CDJ is powered-up.

As @lnts asks; does it happen with both CDJs?

Pulse 0 votes

Sadly I only own one 2000nxs2 at the moment (expensive lol). I had access to two different ones this last weekend (didn't have my GTX and these errors are what spurred further research and my purchase of the GTX) and my hfs+ formatted USB didn't show up (no error, either) but that one was probably user error. 

I WAS going to get the new SanDisk extreme pro 3.1 USB but all the reviews on Amazon are TERRIBLE, over 20% fail after a few days to a few months. Seems heat issues are the culprit. That's why I went with the GTX. 

Has anyone else ever had drives only work from starting out off while the USB is plugged in? Just seems so strange and directly related to the cdj since it's working fine every time I plug it into my PC or laptop. 

Sirkit Br8ker 0 votes

For me personally, I've never had drives work under the specific condition you've mentioned. It's definitely strange and may be worth submitting a support ticket.

FWIW, this is the SanDisk stick I use for backup to my SSD I use as my primary. I've owned it for longer than I can remember and used it countless times between my NXS2 and XDJ setups without an issues. BUT, I have a feeling the GTX isn't the culprit. If you get a chance or know someone with w CDJNXS2, being able to see if the same problem occurs would certainly help narrow down the problem.

Sorry i couldn't be of more assistance. 

lostnthesound 0 votes

Yea thinking of making a run to Guitar Center lol. Do you use the SanDisk extreme pro 3.1, tho? I'm specifically talking about that one since it's also recommended by @pulse. 

I did start a support case yesterday, as this does seem unusual to me and not directly related to the GTX. 

Appreciate the feedback!

Sirkit Br8ker 0 votes

You should totally hit up Guitar Center. :-)

Good question: I use the older one I linked to and the Extreme Pro 3.1 as dual mirrored backups. My main gig drive is a Samsung 860 Pro SSD.

Best of luck!

lostnthesound 0 votes

Again... not the 3.1; I've only tested the original SanDisk Extreme Pro 3.0 128GB.

Pulse 0 votes

@benjamin > Saw your original post - I presume you hadn't formatted it FAT32 or HFS+?

Pulse 0 votes