Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

PIONEER DDJ SR2 feeze/lags

Not sure if it's the firmware (last updated 2017) that's that cause of SR2 lagging and ultimately giving out; or if it's the firmware that has last been updated in 2017! I see Pioneer replys w/ fixing usb, but that has been done over and over. 

I have Mac Pro, Mojave and my power source stays plugged in during gigs. The right deck gives out and then everything starts to stutter and lag. This has been happening a lot lately. Even my effects do not work on the right side of my controller.

I am using Serato DJ Pro and this problem has been occurring for 2 weeks now. Is this a common issue? I need guidance on this as I can easily purchase another manufacturer if this CAN'T be resolved.

Justin Worthy Répondu

Commentaire officiel

@Justin > The reason there are no firmware updates is the issue is not a bug with the coding. The majority of cases where these problems occur are related to the power being supplied to the SR2, and while you may be using the external adapter, it could be there is a failing component within the SR2 itself not allowing proper power distribution. I would suggest you contact Pioneer DJ technical support in your region to have your hardware inspected and/or serviced.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

3 commentaires

Disgusting! I've had this product for just under 2 years and now I'm quoted for close to $200 (cash) from Pioneer's tech support in NY region just to get it "looked at". 2 years! absurd. It's not worth it being fixed. What a waste.

Justin Worthy 0 votes

If the unit is out of warranty, service technicians will typically charge an hourly "bench" rate to inspect the unit, and if you decide to have them service it, many will allow you to put that rate towards the repairs as well.

How much do you charge for your time? Do you ever give it away for nothing? An experienced electronics repair person will charge for their time based on their skill and knowledge.

If we knowingly sold defective products or they broke regularly, customers wouldn't buy from us. I'm sorry your SR2 isn't working properly, but that's why a repair industry exists.

Pulse 0 votes