Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Use controller to control simple settings in Export mode

I made the switch from Serato and bought a DDj-400. Seeing the layout of the Export interface, especially in two tracks mode, I naturally assumed a Pioneer controller would be able to drive at least the cue/play and fader.

But it's not, and it seems the last answer to this was simply "not gonna happen"

I cannot make sense of why, it seems to me like this is something anybody would just expect to work out of the box, and for me it was something I was really looking for buying this hardware. I'd really love Pioneer to give it some more thought!

Otherwise happy with the gear and software, I hope it'll continue to improve. I've seen major, much-welcomed changes like the import of playlist from USB happen and I hope this will be one of them in the future.

Thanks!

Denis Ledent

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

I suggested this last year https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360017720986-Practice-mode

Export mode in Rekordbox is clearly explained as only preparing ones tracks. Not to be used with a controller, so any person having that expectation didn't read up on the software. 

I do think having a mode where one can use their controller to prep tracks has a benefit. I like to mix tracks to see how they sound, but I don't like doing that from a laptop. I also don't want my play count to go up or a track marked as played just because I was messing around at home. 

Let's hope more in the community agree.

Ves 1 vote
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

One reason I can think of is the abuse. People with laptops would use Export mode to do gigs off rather than using performance mode (and pay for it). 

In the end Pioneer DJ is a business that needs to make money, it's always more than a few buttons and keys that come into play with decisions like these. 

Ves 1 vote

Sure enough, I did not actively research this before making the jump. I just assumed based on the interface design and layout. Also simply, why would it NOT work? it's just buttons instead of keys, and the controller is made by Pioneer for a software that supports it natively already.

I would totally understand being told export mode is not a lightweight performance mode...but it kind of is already. I'm grateful it is btw, I love arranging playlist without having to actually go to Serato/performance mode.

Denis Ledent 0 votes

Given that almost everything in export mode can be done in performance mode, I don't really see the point.

Pulse 0 votes