Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ SZ2 Discontinued?

Hi, I mentioned the other day I was doing research and looking at purchasing a DDJ SZ2.

Well it seems hard to do. A couple of stores said they had stock but then when it came time to buy they said - sorry no more stock and that unit is now discontinued... Pioneer stopped making it... so you can't get them anymore.?!

Is this right?

Thanks

djrz Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Not as far as I know, and the product is still in our active hardware lineup.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

13 commentaires

Hi Pulse, thanks for your reply.

It seems it may be a global / regional thing?

I've just had word from Pioneer Australia. (albeit Pioneer Electronics) that they are no longer getting the SZ2 in Australia.

Why would this be?

No market? Too niche? Moving away from Serato & focussing on Rekordbox? Replacing with another upcoming (Serato) model? 

Thanks

djrz 0 votes

I've not heard anything about it being discontinued, either regionally or globally. We're always working on "the next thing," but can't discuss it even if it were being announced tomorrow. Sorry.

Pulse 0 votes

I've had word from Pioneer Australia.

Seems like no more Serato Pro stuff from them?

They say they now wish to focus on Rekordbox and are no longer supplying the DDJSZ2 and will only offer intro level Serato from now on.

Sounds a bit disappointing that they are going to cut out the pro end of Serato controllers.

I'm still trying to find out if they will support the SZ2 residual stock in the channel yet to sell thru. ie warranty.

I gotta say it has been difficult getting info out of Pioneer and the retailers regarding this.

Every question only gets a brief and mostly ambiguous answer, that then needs a follow up question. Which takes days. I don't think it's unreasonable to try and find out the facts when you're about to drop nearly $3000(AU) on a controller.

Thanks

djrz 0 votes

The information you've received is entirely false.

And yes, we will honour the product warranty even if the model has been discontinued.

Pulse 0 votes

If it's false then can you tell me who in Australia is selling them??

And if it is false then somebody from Pioneer DJ needs to get on to Pioneer Australia and set the record straight because they are stopping people from buying the product.

Pioneer Australia is basically boycotting the product and telling customers and dealers that it is discontinued and that Rekordbox is now the focus - happy to provide copy of messages.

It is SO frustrating. I just want to buy your product but the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing at Pioneer!? I know you have different divisions / subsidiaries etc. but if you're saying this is false then where can I get one!?!? (without paying huge $ to import one myself...)

This all seems a ridiculous situation. I have used Pioneer for a long time but am now being forced to look other brands.

djrz 0 votes

I understand you're frustrated, but your anger is misplaced. I'd suggest taking a couple of weeks to just sit back and wait.

Pulse 0 votes

Hhmmm.

Hear you I do.

Wait and see I will.

Hmmm yes... yes.

djrz 0 votes

Ok So I received an email about the new DDJ-1000SRT and have been watching all the videos about it...

Nice.

I hope this will be available in Australia??? Yes/No?

djrz 0 votes

I'm not sure of the dates for availability in retail for Australia, but yes, it will be soon.

As you can understand, we aren't able to discuss any new products prior to launch, and unfortunately our dealers can be a bit difficult about the subject, wanting to be "buddy buddy" with their customers by sharing info when they're supposed to do the same as we are - pretend everything is status-quo. Technically, the SZ2 is still an active SKU, but retailers may not have access to it, or it's in limited availability.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi, I understand the delicate issues around product launches.

However, I have just received word back from Pioneer Australia that the DDJ-1000SRT is NOT going to be available here in Australia.

What is going on!!!??? Who is running the show???? This is ridiculous...

Has Pioneer DJ just turned it's back on Australia???

djrz 0 votes

I'm surprised they said they won't be receiving any - I'll confirm that with my contacts. Please understand that each region operates as an independent distributor of Pioneer DJ products for Pioneer DJ Japan, so it's entirely possible their sales team felt they wouldn't bring them to Aus.

Pulse 0 votes

Either that or you contacted Pioneer Electronics (not Pioneer DJ) Australia, they don't know what that model is, so gave you a blanket statement...?

Pulse 0 votes