Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

DMX DECODER

Not sure where to post this but there are some DMX decoders out there that can run LED strip lights ( like 12v flexible SMD 5050 RGB LED strip lights ). Will Rekordbox detect these or do I need to give a specific model of the decoder? ( there are quite a few out there) 

These do not fall in any type of fixture but I would like to have at least mine implemented so I can use my strip lights though DMX again.

Thanks!

Triin Terminée

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

Best bet would be for it to run as a BAR type fixture, depending on whether it has zone / pixel control. Just provide the controller manufacturer / model and the DMX address table, and our database team will take a look to see if it could be included.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Thanks Pulse. This is the one I have. I'm not sure how to find the table data but hopefully this information can help.. 

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61OJ7S%2BNSNL._SL1000_.jpg 

• input Signal: DMX512/1990
  • Automatically adapt to DC9V-24V
  • 2A each channel max 60A , Maximum power load: 720W (12V) 1440W (24V)
  • RGB 30 Channel,8 group, use for LED strip,LED module,LED light

If this doesnt help.. I can try and dig deeper to find some kind of information. However just connecting to a DMX controller always works and the information is a bit limiting. Let me know if you need anything else. 

Thanks!

Triin 0 votes

As far as we can understand, this controller, has no specific modes as we name them. Possibly it just sends one-to-one signal in order to control a very simple type of luminaire like a strip LED that uses RGB or RGBW or something similar. I would suggest you find how many channels your flexible strip uses and then go under the Generic manufacturer where you can find many generic products that are using the same channels.

On behalf of Pioneer DJ,
AtlaBase Ltd

AtlaBase Ltd 0 votes

Ok awesome! Thanks for the quick reply AltaBase! Ill give it a go and do more experimenting

Triin 0 votes

I really found nothing and cannot using my Decoder DMX SPI

Input voltage DC5V~DC24V
Input signal DMX512
Compatible IC TM1803 TM1804 TM1809 TM1812 UCS1903 UCS1909 UCS1912 UCS2903 UCS2909 UCS2912 WS2811 WS2812B Driving IC
Decoder channels 512 DMX CH/unit
DMX512 socket: XLR-3 Green terminal
Dimming range 0~100%
working temperature -30℃~65℃
Dimension L125×W52×H40mm
Package Size L135×W70×H50mm
Weight (G.W) 300g
vEE CHA 0 votes

We cannot add this decoder because it is not a lighting fixture. We could help you find an appropriate lighting fixture (or create it, if you have the necessary manuals/information) if you could provide the dmx channels used by your led strips.

On behalf of Pioneer DJ,
AtlaBase Ltd

AtlaBase Ltd 0 votes

It is very easy. Just use a Generic LED Tape(RGB 8-bit, 3chs) and put that on a Venue. For example Venue1, DMX 1. Choose the LED Strip as a Bar Light and put the DMX chord in to the Decoder. On the decoder you will dip switch the LED Strip to DMX 1 and put it in the Decoder. 

Rock 'n Roll!

Pape.se 0 votes

The best answer for this topic has been answered above by AtlaBase.

"As far as we can understand, this controller, has no specific modes as we name them. Possibly it just sends one-to-one signal in order to control a very simple type of luminaire like a strip LED that uses RGB or RGBW or something similar. I would suggest you find how many channels your flexible strip uses and then go under the Generic manufacturer where you can find many generic products that are using the same channels."

***Generic manufacturer as in the database under Generic in Rekordbox.***

@vEE CHA... You are using a DMX decoder that uses what type of LED strip?

If the strip (generic LED tape - RGB/W 8bit) is totally being controlled by the decoder, set your decoder address ( if its the first in the chain of addresses ) to 001. The total strip would be a total of 3/4 channels ( RGB/RGBW respectively). It should be detected ( from the decoder) the total channels from your strip. IE. 001-003 ( if RGB) 001-004 (if RGBW).

HOWEVER... if you are using a strip like WS2811 / 2812/b individually addressable LEDS, your decoder box WILL NOT work. you will need to use a completely different system as each LED on the strip is considered its OWN fixture. For example... LED1(001-003) LED2(004-006) LED3(006-009) and so on in the DMX universe.

Triin 0 votes