Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox lighting in export mode

Hey Guys,

Been searching around the forums but havn't been able to find anything for what i'm asking about.

I use Rekordbox Dj in export mode and also switch between usb's and cd's all the time. One of the requirements i need for mobile djing. I currently use the adj dmx bridge ( which is ok for what it is ) but want to switch to the rb-dmx1.

Does the rb-dmx1 work in export mode? I've only found the following post: https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360045385871-RB-DMX1-ProDJ-Link-Integration that seems close to what i may be enquiring about, but if any one can let me know a yes or no, that would be great :-).

If it does, if i use the USB or cd's, would the lighting fixtures still work, or would they just go blank until i start playing songs from rekordbox again? If not, that would be a great feature to implement.

Chris T

Chris T Avec réponse

Commentaire officiel

Currently, no, and that's because the phrase function and associated lighting control only works within performance mode. They've been working on moving that forward in a future update, but as you can imagine, there are a lot of other features RB-DMX-1 users are asking for which may hit the software first.

Thanks for the feedback.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

2 commentaires

@Pulse -

Thanks for your help so far on previous posts.

As much as I love the idea behind the lighting program I cannot believe I've just spent the last couple weeks playing with the software via my new RB-DMX1 and various new lighting fixtures (with lights all over the kitchen to the wife's disappointment!) trying to work out what all the various settings do, to finally get to grips with a lighting show I'm happy with and THEN find out it doesn't work in EXPORT mode with my XDJ-RX2 controller.... really!?

You have got to be joking!??

Surely this needs to be a priority for working DJ's to enable this?

As it stands you've basically launched a lighting product that only serves to work for people with just the software who use the software in PERFORMANCE mode to 'DJ'... and you've not thought about customers who've heavily invested in all the physical XDJ equipment to compliment the software in Export mode... Fully appreciate it's not your fault but seriously... I'm lost for words.

When can we expect this fix to be launched please bud?

Graham Meeres 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien