Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

Strange SX3 issue with jog wheels and platter

My sx3 is less than a year old I am having an issue where the jog wheels are doing their own thing. When I scratch they dont hold on, its almost as if they are slipping. Then when I put my hand too close to the platter the platter stops or moves slowly. I dont even have to be touching it. I tried lowering the sensitivity and no luck. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it? Thanks!

IT'S DJ DEEM Rose

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

That sounds like a possible static or grounding issue - please check with the DDJ-SX3 connected to a different electrical circuit than the one where you noticed that issue, and connect only the computer via USB (if it's a laptop, please try without the power to the computer). See if the problem persists in that configuration - if so, then it may be that the SX3 requires servicing.

Have you got a black dot beside the serial number?

Pulse -1 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Hello, I am having the same exact issue! I bought my SX3 not even 10 months go (Model that has the black dot next to the serial number by the way) and was having an issue where some performance pads would stay lit once powered on.  I then just recently updated my firmware of the SX3 to version 1.02 and started having the jog wheel issue. I cannot scratch, and if I were to try to change the sensitivity of the platters it does not work and sometimes flashes uncontrollably. I recently then updated Serato DJ to version 2.2 and that did not fix the issue at all either. 

It's like a weird sensitivity issue, if I turn the sensitivity up to the max then I can barely put a shadow over the platters and they'll stop. If I put it at midway, they start to flash, and if I lower them then, either way, the platters do nothing.

It's not a grounding issue because I've tested it using a Furman power conditioner which gives out clean power and grounds. 

So yes @IT's DJ DEEM Rose, you are not alone on the issue at all, and this issue needs to be fixed asap, or new hardware should be given.

@pioneer DJ to temporarily fix the issue, could I possibly be sent the original firmware (version 1.00 or 1.01) in order to downgrade the firmware of my board since 1.02 is giving me the issue? Or possibly release a patch and or update such as a version 1.03 or 2.00 that fixes multiple issues? Thank you and if you need to contact me please email me at PJFCINC16@gmail.com or through phone at (504)-906-4122

Thank you, and if necessary I would gladly accept new hardware due to me having to cancel multiple gigs due to the issue.

PC specs:

Mid 2012 Macbook Pro

1 TB HD

I5 2.5 Ghz

16gb Ram

MacOS Mojave 10.14.3

Patrick Walker Jr. 0 votes

Hi so update for anyone having the issue! Its a hardware problem, the circuit board on my unit has to be replaced. Luckily I was still under warranty so Pioneer is fixing it for me

IT'S DJ DEEM Rose 1 vote

If I may ask, how did you get in contact with them to replace it? And also, how long did it take to send and receive your unit back?

Patrick Walker Jr. 0 votes

Am having this same issue with both jog wheels whenever my computer is plugged in I can't scratch 😡😡. This sx3 unit is having alot of bad reviews am sorry I bought this unit,and the sad part about this is that am in Jamaica the store that I bought it from there's no warranty 😡😡😡. I want pioneer to respond why there's so much issues with this Dam unit I am extremely angry I feel like burn it up pioneer have failed me miserably and I have just purchase my unit 3 weeks now😡😡😡

jason pryce 0 votes