Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ 1000 Serato Dj pro Dj Reflexx

I just bought a DDJ 1000 For Christmas last year to add to my collection. I also have a DDJ SZ. I am a user of Serato Dj Pro. First trying to get used to Rekordbox  has been a challenge amongst other things with the cue points and audio drop outs and also the sound output problem. I find out today that Pioneer has the DDJ 100 SRT! Are you kidding me! Ok over the initial shock. I don't want to get rid of my DDJ 1000. Is there an update to allow those whom bought the DDJ 1000 to use with Serato DJ PRO? I'm still working on building a library of sorts to match what I have with Serato to transfer to Rekordbox. I would like the option to use both with the DDJ 1000. I don't want to buy another controller just for that. Help.

DJ REFLEXX

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

Whew I hope so as well I wish have this option as well to use the original ddj-1000 with serato

SeanGee 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I want to use my DDJ 1000 with SERATO DJ PRO TOO it would be a shame for PIONEER DJ not to give people wiho invested into the original DJ 1000 the option to use both software's 

eamonn cort 0 votes

Guys, there are distinct differences between the setup of hardware buttons for each of these so they play well with Rekordbox or SDJ Pro. 

That would be marketing hell to do something that was tailored specifically for one or the other and all of the quirks you'd end up with.

Actually though, Pulse, do you know there would be limited functionality in Rekordbox with a license on the SRT?

Mike Roehr 0 votes

Thanks for the clarification! Gonna hold on to my old SX2 for RB as well then :)

Mike Roehr 0 votes

It’s not Pioneer’s fault either. 

Serato insists on exclusivity agreements for any Serato hardware. That’s why every single Pioneer controller that’s come out since RBDJ was released will only work in Serato.

Any of the Serato controllers/mixers that came out prior to the release of RBDJ are compatible with both. I think the last controller they released that worked with both was the SX2. The SX3, SZ2, SR2, and SB3 all came out after RBDJ was released and only work with Serato.

qO_ol 0 votes