Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Pioneer DDJ SX3 3 Second Squeel and Crash

Running Serato 2.1.1 with the latest firmware on our decks. Our SX3 also has the black dot supposedly not being affected by the known fault. The laptop is a Samsung NP780Z5E (i5 3230M 2.6GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD R9 M200X Graphics)

Randomly whether being run via usb with Serato or simply with just an aux lead on a phone our decks will make a brief 3 second squeel out of master and headphones and then crash. Signal lights drop out, with no sound. Sometimes they will suddenly start working a few seconds later, sometimes we have to restart. This occurs very randomly. E.g it wont do it for four or five gigs and then will do it for a few. Sometimes it only does it once in a set, sometimes it does it multiple times.

As you can imagine, quite a catastrophic issue and also a dancefloor killer. I'm unable to find a trend and it seems to be completely random. The other night it did it, 4 times in a row within a minute, we had to abandon ship and get another controller in. This was at a wedding! Luckily it was only during background music where a phone was playing through an aux lead on channel 4.

Ben Sparkes

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

3 commentaires

I have the same issue...has yours been resolved? 

demeji awe-johnson 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

No, they haven't even bothered to reply to my support email I sent directly to Pioneer. Really not a happy customer, the controller is less than a year old. Have you tried using a different laptop? I'm considering trying it on my Mac

Ben Sparkes 0 votes

@Ben > I don't see any support tickets open with your username, email address, or even another address at the same domain. Where did you submit the ticket?

Pulse 0 votes