Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

Pioneer DDJ SX3 3 Second Squeel and Crash

Running Serato 2.1.1 with the latest firmware on our decks. Our SX3 also has the black dot supposedly not being affected by the known fault. The laptop is a Samsung NP780Z5E (i5 3230M 2.6GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD R9 M200X Graphics)

Randomly whether being run via usb with Serato or simply with just an aux lead on a phone our decks will make a brief 3 second squeel out of master and headphones and then crash. Signal lights drop out, with no sound. Sometimes they will suddenly start working a few seconds later, sometimes we have to restart. This occurs very randomly. E.g it wont do it for four or five gigs and then will do it for a few. Sometimes it only does it once in a set, sometimes it does it multiple times.

As you can imagine, quite a catastrophic issue and also a dancefloor killer. I'm unable to find a trend and it seems to be completely random. The other night it did it, 4 times in a row within a minute, we had to abandon ship and get another controller in. This was at a wedding! Luckily it was only during background music where a phone was playing through an aux lead on channel 4.

Ben Sparkes Répondu

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

5 commentaires

I have the same issue...has yours been resolved? 

demeji awe-johnson 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

No, they haven't even bothered to reply to my support email I sent directly to Pioneer. Really not a happy customer, the controller is less than a year old. Have you tried using a different laptop? I'm considering trying it on my Mac

Ben Sparkes 0 votes

@Ben > I don't see any support tickets open with your username, email address, or even another address at the same domain. Where did you submit the ticket?

Pulse 0 votes

I have the same issue with my piece of garbage SX3.  I filled out a ticket 3 months ago after the thing crashed at 2 weddings. Got endless 'have you tried switching cables'..'what buttons were you pressing' bullshit from the 'support' team. Updated my macbook and the firmware and problems seemed to go away (yay!)..until tonights wedding. 

Crash number one: music just stopped. Serato still working but sound just cut out. Had to swicth to my backup ipad. Crowd looking at me like 'wtf' (thanks Pioneer). Restarted Serato and it worked again..until about 30 minutes later aand..

Crash number two: piece of shit did a 3 second squeal and then sound stopped. Luckily my ipad was loaded with the same song so I switched over within like a second or two. This time the controller started working again after about a minute without having to restart the software. For the rest of the night I had to DJ off of Virtual DJ since I had no faith in the controller at that point.

I'm a seriously over the entire SX line. I had problems with my SX1 controller (platters stopped working often), and sold it as-is at a big loss. Then I got the SX2 and that one was about 85% reliable. Only a couple of crashes. Then my SX2 died at a bar gig ..just died..had to call another DJ to come down and lend me his SR2 to get through the night. 

Sold my SX2 after that I thought 'hey Im sure they got it right with the SX3'...NOPE! fucking garbage. 4 crashes in 6 months at big events so yep this thing is going in fucking garbage. Pioneer support isnt going to do shit except ask me 'what OS system are you on?'..'I see'..'what buttons were you pressing when unit crashed'.. 

How about just give me a refund or a credit and I can buy a NON-SX piece of equipment so I dont lose my business thanks to this crap product line?

Just a side note, I had an Electro Voice speaker go out on me at an event. Called customer support and guess what..they had it shipped to their warehouse, repaired, and back to me within like 10 days. Just a couple of questions and they handled it. That's real customer service and support, not this bullshit. 

Thanks for nothing

danny aon 0 votes

@danny > Our global CRM agent has been assigned to your ticket and will be assisting you.

Pulse 0 votes