Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Random pops using DVS and djm-450

This has been driving me crazy, as sometimes it happens during a session and sometimes it doesn't, so I can't pinpoint what's causing it, but I'll randomly get a popping sound, as if the needle is jumping. I've washed both DVS controllers and checked for scratches, checked my needles, made sure the noise isn't embedded in the file's themselves, tried both sides of each controller, and tried swapping the port my USB cable is plugged into, both 2.0 and 3.0, to no avail. The noise doesn't occur when I'm just listening to regular records, and only happens when I'm using Rekordbox.

I'm currently on Rekordbox 5.6.0, my DJM 450 is running firmware 1.04, and is connected to my PC by a 15ft USB 3.0 extension cable.

My PC specs:

MOBO: Asrock Taichi Z390
CPU: Intel i5 9600k
RAM: 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series DDR4 3200
Disk: Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW edition
PSU: Corsair RM 650i

At this point, the only possibilities I can think of are the length and/or type of  USB extension (3.0, vs the 450's 2.0, which shouldn't make a difference, really) I'm using, or some sort of interference with the mixer I use for my PC (Yamaha AG03), the driver of which causes a minor inconvenience when starting Rekordbox. Please help! This issue makes it really hard to record.

Tyler Hastain

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

9 commentaires

Have you tried increasing you sample rate in the Rekordbox Audio settings tab? Even to something stupid like 512 just to see if it helps? 

John-Lawrence Fagan 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I haven't actually tried that yet, I figured my system was beefy enough to not have to worry about it. Suppose I can give it a try this weekend.

Tyler Hastain 0 votes

I actually have tried disabling turbo boost. Forgot to mention that, but it was the first thing I tried. I'll try messing with the sample rate Thursday and report back.

Tyler Hastain 0 votes

Alright, I've had some time to do a bunch of troubleshooting and, using the same track throughout the testing, here's what I've found:

- Changing the sample rate to 512 does not help.
- The problem persists with Turbo Boost both on and off.
- Turning my mixer off and on did not help.
- The pops happen at the same exact spot in the song when I flip the controller over, when I switch the controller out for the other one, and when I switch which deck the track is loaded into. The only time the pops changed spots was when I restarted Rekordbox or played a different track and then switched back to the one I was using for testing.
- Double checked the file I was using, again, and verified that the file on my computer is not corrupt.
- Pops happen in the same spot regardless of where my pitch shifter is.
- Happens in both INT and ABS modes, and whether or not my Yamaha AG03 computer mixer is on.
- In the beginning of the testing, the pops would change spots, but remain in relatively the same area, if I swapped in a new track, and then swapped back, or restarted Rekordbox, but by the end started happening in the same exact spot regardless of what I did, including restarting Rekordbox, or turning my mixer off and on.

After all of this, I am positive it isn't the controllers, and that I am not crazy. lol. But that's about all I can say. Best I can figure is that at some point the tracks are getting distorted, the distorted version is getting cached, and that version is what is being played.

As a previously strictly vinyl DJ, after seeing the benefits of DVS, and how amazing it is to use, this has been exceedingly frustrating. Please help! lol. I really want to continue using this system, but if I can't use it to record, it's basically DOA.

Thanks!

Tyler Hastain 0 votes

If you disable DVS mode and test playback of those tracks using your internal audio interface, do the pops still occur?

Pulse 0 votes

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I just tried listening to a couple tracks inside Rekordbox via my windows audio, rather than having the DJM ASIO (I have three available ASIOs) selected and I did get some distortions. They don't sound the same as the other pops I was getting before, however. This is more of a click, but that could be because the sound is coming from my PC speakers, which aren't as nice as my turntable speakers. But I double checked the file in my media player (foobar2k) and got no such clicks or pops.

The distortions only happened on a single track, and went away after playing a new track, and then reloading and playing the problem track again.

Tyler Hastain 0 votes

Can you send one or two of the files over for a look-see? forums @pioneerdj dotcom.

Thanks

Pulse 0 votes

I've sent over three files, including the one I was using to test.

Tyler Hastain 0 votes