Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Trying to locate new music files in Rekordbox

I'm a little new to the Rekordbox program although I'm not new to Pioneer products and controllers. I've only been using it for about 6 months or so continually. Unfortunately I don't know a lot of people or Dj friends using this program (since they're all diehard Serato fans) so I've had to learn a lot on my own. I'm trying to find out some very simple processes in which no one has been able to tell me how it's done. I'm currently storing all my music on my hard drive and importing music from there into Rekordbox. It sits in one file so that I can keep up with it easier when updating. What I need to know is when you've updated your hard drive with new music and need to only import your new songs, how is this done? I can't seem to figure it out. Also how can you locate and delete duplicate files? I haven't found a way to do this either. Serato does with no problem so I don't understand why RB doesn't have this option. Thanks in advance for anyones help on this.

Robert Clark Avec réponse

Commentaire officiel

@Robert > Just import that same folder again; new songs are added, existing songs are ignored.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

Hi Robert, when you've put new music files on your drive, you need to copy-paste them in to the Rekordbox map too. It's a bit like manual labor, but as far as I know Rekordbox has no auto sync option. Unfortunately… This YouTube tutorial might be helpfull.

About removing duplicated music files: Rekordbox has some kind of philosophy that 'just removing' a batch of duplicate files is not done. And therefore it's not possible like in Serato. You can use https://www.similarityapp.com/ to search and delete duplicates, as an alternative. 

Theo 0 votes

The issue with me importing the same file again is it duplicates all my songs. So instead of it pulling in only the music that was considered new, it pulls in all the songs in the file and now I have a mess to clean up. If it's not supposed to work that way then what am I doing wrong?

Robert Clark 0 votes

@Robert > But that would only happen if you moved the music between the original import and the second import.

Pulse 0 votes

HI Pulse,

Why is it that Rekordbox hasn't got some kind of file sync option towards the drive with music files? That would be a winner I think...

Theo 0 votes

You mean to automatically monitor a specified input folder for new music to add to the collection? My guess is because that wouldn't be preferable for DJs who add music, then go to a gig, fire up rekordbox dj only to discover the performance is compromised by the fact hundreds of new songs are being analysed in the background.

Pulse 0 votes