Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

iTunes Sync Creating Duplicates

Whenever I sync my iTunes library on Rekordbox, it creates a duplicate song (without the cues anymore) in the collection.  How do I fix this?

Both entries of the same song point to the same file when I click SHOW IN FINDER.  Both files play.

I have the "Let iTunes Organize Your Library" option turned off - it was never on.  

I'm on a MacBook Pro - Mojave.  I recently moved from a MacBook Air and did a Rekordbox Backup -> Restore.

Charles

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

Then I'm guessing that your username is different from one computer to the other, thus creating a difference in the paths between the old files and the new ones. Can you verify that by sorting by song name and looking at the FOLDER column?

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Thanks Pulse.  I was able to resolve it last night. The usernames were almost the same - old was all lower case while the new one had an upper case character. Apparently, Rekordbox is case sensitive when identifying songs.

I was able to fix it by doing the following:

1. Rename "iTunes" folder to "iTune"

2. Started Rekordbox then Find Missing Files.

3. Relocate files. [This fixed the collection in Rekordbox but I now have to send get everything back to the "iTunes" folder]

4. Close Rekordbox

5. Rename "iTune" folder to "iTunes"

6. Start Rekordbox then Find Missing Files

7. Relocate files.

Hope this helps others in the future.  Good thing I backed up the backup collections.

Charles 0 votes

Pulse & Charles,

Currently having the same issue in Mojave. I recently wiped my MacBook Pro clean and wanted a fresh library to manage through iTunes. Unfortunately, I didn't restore through Rekordbox backup and used TimeMachine. Was able to restore my Rekordbox Collection with all correct cue points, analyzed waveforms and grids. However, the same tracks in the iTunes bridge of Rekordbox aren't analyzed. If I choose to play a track from the iTunes bridge, it analyzes the track, provides a waveform and creates a duplicate to the Rekordbox Collection although it has the same file location as the existing.

My previous library username was exactly the same with the exception of capital letters. I've gone through the steps in the forum post "Updating your rekordbox settings (macOS / OS X)" but does not correct the issue.

Then I saw Charle's post on here with renaming the iTunes folder, Find Missing Files, and Relocate files. Was wondering how can I restore my iTunes library in Rekordbox (6,000 tracks) to match the Rekordbox Collection with waveforms, cues and grids, so that I can keep my previous workflow of managing playlists through iTunes and updating my Rekordbox Collection as needed?

MrJfunk 0 votes

Did you do what I did? Mine worked because the folder structure was intact. Just needed to change the case.

Charles 0 votes

It is case-sensitive, so changing that should adjust things to working status.

Pulse 0 votes