Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Internal limiter activating at random, and/or scrubbing through the track

I have seen several posts about this issue with no real resolution.  Did anyone ever figure out why this happens?  In my case the limiter activates upon loading a track or when I jump to a certain part of a track using the needle search or a mouse.  I have tried all the variations of settings including turning off auto gain, normalizing while recording etc.  I can turn off the "bug" by pausing and then unpausing the playing track.  Also, this doesn't just happen when recording.  I can watch the output get smashed even by just using the software without a controller attached which means it's the software.  Attached is a screenshot from audacity.

Mac Mojave on Rekordbox ver. 5.6

BTW all output levels are green...

Cimarron Sam

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

I have a 2015 MacBook which only has USB 3.0.  Also,  the software does this even when my controller isn't plugged it so it's the software.  I ended up re-installing Rekordbox completely which means removing the application folders as well as removing the software.  I exported all my playlists first to a USB drive so I wouldn't lose those but I had to rebuild all my settings.  Yay for buggy software!!

Cimarron Sam 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Did you possibly change the output headroom levels in the preferences at any point? I recall there was a hiccup with this a while back where if you had changed it, there would be some weird value stored in the preferences and it wound up making things worse.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien