Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-1000 Crossfader Cut Lag 0.3MM

I am learning how to scratch on my DDJ-1000.  The course I'm taking advised to set my cut lag in rekorbox to 0.3mm.  After this adjustment, music is still being heard when you have the crossfader all the way to one side.  Pressure would have to be put on the crossfader in order to cut off the music.  It's not a slight pressure either.  You literally have to push hard to one side for the music to cut off.  I call the shop I bought the controller from and they told me that this is a crossfader bleeding issue?  Please help me resolve this problem.  Thank you!

Apolloqa Avec réponse

Commentaire officiel

Adjust it up to 0.4mm and that should allow it to cut off and still be a sharp cut.

Sometimes the crossfader alignment and calibration may be slightly off, so it's not actually measuring "0.3mm" anyhow.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

I made adjusted of the cut lag to 0.4mm but that still allowed music to be heard when crossfader is to one side.  So did 0.5mm.  I had to adjust it to 0.6mm in order for the music to cut off when fader is to one side.  Is this ok?

Apolloqa 0 votes

Yes, that's perfectly fine so long as the other end of the fader doesn't gain an ever-increasing lag distance to the point where it's seriously imbalanced.

We had an issue with the DJM-S9 where some users would have the lag too short and the "bump back" caused the crosfader to seldom work. The users all felt the shorter the lag, the tighter the cut, but because of the fact the fader wouldn't "stick" to the side of the cut, they had to press it in order to get the distance below their minimum lag value. All it takes is setting it to the smallest value where it works as expected.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi,

To scratch I have set the cut lag to 0.6 mm in rekordbox, but the sound is still heard at ends A and B.

Then I set to 0.8 mm and it is no longer heard but I feel it is not a sharp cut, is this a problem with the magvel fader? Do I have to approach technical service to have my equipment checked?

Thank you

Edgar Gualotuña 0 votes