Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-400 Static sound with RCA cable

Hi everyone,

I've been using my DDJ-400 for about 3-4 months now but up until now I used the audio output of my computer because I didn't have the RCA cable. I didn't have problems with the sound, but now I bought the cable a few weeks ago and I immediately noticed that if the volume is turned up high, there is this nasty static coming out of my speakers. The sound is there immediately when I plug in the USB into the laptop, so both with and without Rekordbox running. If I turn down the master volume on the DDJ-400 the sound disappears (so the issue, I'm quite sure, is not with the speaker)

I recorded it with my phone, you can listen here

Is this normal? I certainly hope it's not, anyone can help me out? My device is under warranty, should I bring it back?

Thanks,

Marcell

Marcell Varkonyi Avec réponse

Commentaire officiel

It's the computer's charging circuit causing this issue; you'll likely find that if you unplug the power supply that the noise disappears. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do - it's just poor shielding and isolation between the electrical and USB circuitry in your computer. You can try using a USB cable with a ferrite core, but that may not work 100%, the other option is an isolating transformer on the USB connection.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

3 commentaires

the ddj 400 soundcard/pre-amp has horrible Quality by design due to it's cheap price :-) you can easy make meassurements to proof this. for fun i added a spdif out to the ddj 400 so i can use an external dac/pre amp. it's completely different and fine.

Daniel Ventura 0 votes

Not "horrible by design;" for the majority of users, the quality at this price-point is exactly where it should be.

Pulse 0 votes