Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Serious bug in Rekordbox 5.6.1 when importing tracks from XML [confirmed and some more background]

I saw this subject was already reported so I can only say I can confirm a serious bug in Rekordbox 5.6.1.

If a track is already part of the Rekordbox collection, meaning the filepath to the track's media file is already in the collection, Rekordbox 5.6.1 will NOT import any DJ metadata from the XML such as cues/loops/grid and possibly much more. It's like the track is locked in the collection while it's not.

If a track is NOT part of the Rekordbox collection everything is imported as before. And Rekordbox 5.6.1 is much faster at importing the tracks than it ever was.

This bug is pretty serious for the users of the Rekordbox Cue and Key Tool - Reck and DJ Conversion Utility - DJCU or who rely on other conversion apps. I've tried every possible "easy" solution and even got the "track already exist warning with the choice to import" but regardless of what is clicked in that dialog the bug persists.

right now there are 2 options:
• Delete the track from the Rekordbox collection before importing it from the XML. It works but besides it's a hassle it got user error written allover it.

• Downgrade to Rekordbox 5.6 until Pioneer DJ has fixed this bug
I had no issues downgrading my Rekordbox from 5.6.1 to 5.6, but this is at your own risk.

Ensure your backup is current before you downgrade!

Here are the links to download the installer for Rekordbox 5.6

ver.5.6.0

For Windows(64bit)

For Mac

Let's keep our fingers crossed the Rekordbox engineering team can fix this bug fast.

[edit 10 hours after posting the original message]

Good news I've received official confirmation about this bug from the Rekordbox engineering team. They were able to replicate the issue and are working on a fix as we speak.

MixMasterG

Commentaire officiel

Hello MixMasterG,

Thanks to your report about the issue, it was fixed in rekordbox Ver.570.

Please try updating rekordbox to Ver.570 and see if any difference is made. 

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

1 commentaire