Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ 1000 SRT audio distortion

Hello, I purchased the 1000SRT about 2 weeks ago. I love the unit, but I cannot enjoy it totally because of how distorted the sound is. I am running serato 2.2.2. and have a Macbook Pro 15 inch (Specs below)

• 2.6GHz 6‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz
  • Retina display with True Tone
  • Touch Bar and Touch ID
  • 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 memory
  • Radeon Pro 555X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory
  • 256GB SSD storage
  • Four Thunderbolt 3 ports

When I plug in my SB3 the sound through my studio monitors is crystal clear. I played with the latency settings, shutt off wifi and bluetooth, tried a different outlet, reinstalled serato and the 1000SRT drivers. The sound is  still distorted and also is through my headphones. Are there any other things to try out to remedy this problem? 

tony rando

Commentaire officiel

Yep, it's likely the audio buffer size; the SX3 requires more resources than the SB3 does due to the functions of the hardware, so as a result, you may need to adjust the latency.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

10 commentaires

check the latency in Serato settings , I has then same problem, I always used in 1 ms or 2 but the audio distortion, I'm using 5 ms now is working good. 

emilio valette 0 votes

hello, i have the same specs as the guy above and i am still having distorted sound. i have done everything above also. I have adjusted the latency and i still have too much base. I plug up my ddj sx and the sound is perfect. Anything else i can do?

clifton jones 0 votes

@clifton > The various Pioneer DJ controllers have different requirements, so you can't connect a DDJ-SX and compare it to a DDJ-1000.

Try changing up the connection - if it's through a USB hub, try without. Try a different USB cable or even a different computer to try and narrow down the source of the issue.

Pulse 0 votes

What requirements are you talking about?  I want to be versed in the differences like you.

Both machines plug up by a USB. That's the common denominator. So anything besides that is above my scope. Your explanation didn't help. USB cords didn't help. I needed YOU to narrow down the source of the issue by giving me more technical analysis. Maybe I didn't give you enough information?

But my troubleshooting showed that the master volume can't be controlled by using Line In cords(quarter inch cords. whatever you call them). The master volume can only be controlled by using XLR cables. That was the problem. The master volume was turned up too loud as soon as I load a song. I had no control over the master volume. The master volume can only be turned down by the mouse on the Serato Screen. I made adjustments on the screen and the sound worked better. I also updated the driver again. Thank's for your subpar troubleshooting. 

SMH

clifton jones 0 votes

any answers on this guys? crackling and poppig sound on my ddj 1000srt???

Carl Blago 0 votes

Hi,

i have logged a ticket, tried all of the above and spent £30 on a neo data cable to see if that solved the problem, which it didn't. Playing audio via windows media player without controller is perfect, but plugged into controller cracks and pops as if its like i;m playing vinyl. 

please help!

Carl Blago 0 votes

Does it happen when you unplug the laptop power supply?

Pulse 0 votes

Unfortunately, these "Turbo Boost" setting options are not available in my Acer Swift laptop. (Win 10, DDJ SRT 1.02 Firmware, Seratos newest Version)

I have indeed found that crackling Sound only occurs with the power supply plugged in. Everything is perfect in battery mode...

What should I do?

Stefan Schein 0 votes