Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-1000 Crossfade Bleed

Brand New Unit.

While Deck 1 is playing a track with the Magvel Fader in B position you can clearly hear Deck 1 playing. Decks 1/3 set to A and Decks 2/4 are set to B. When slightly pressing the Magvel Fader to side B the sound from Deck 1 is cut off as it should be. Tried default settings as well but you can still hear Deck 1 (just lower volume because of the curve) unless you slightly press the Magvel to the B side. This issue occurs on both sides of the fader. I'm assuming this is quite possibly a fader issue not making full contact. I had this same issue with the in store display model but I assumed it was probably messed up from public usage and purchased a new model anyways. This is a HUGE problem for my style of play which consists of scratching. Is there a fix for this issue (no work around) or is this a case of return and try again?

DJ Syk B

Commentaire officiel

It's more likely an issue of the calibration than a faulty unit; please try adjusting the settings instead of assuming the fader is bad.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

It's not a faulty unit. You just have to open preferences > controller > mixer with the hardware connected and adjust the crossfader cut lag to 0.4 mm or more.

Pigi G 0 votes

The Magvel Fader was bleeding / not making full contact. The unit was brought back to the store and tested against another returned unit with a different issue on the stores Mac computer using varies of settings including the Default Settings as I did on my own at home. (Cut lag was tested at the lowest setting 0.3mm)

Even with the Default Settings you could still hear the track on the opposite deck just at a lower volume because Default Settings doesn't default to the sharp curve. The other returned DDJ-1000 did not have the bleeding fader issue. The in-store display also had the bleeding fader issue as mentioned in the original post and I purchased the brand new unit anyways assuming it was from customer messing with it. The store was unfortunate to get 2 bad Magvel Fader units

DJ Syk B 0 votes

Ok but keep in mind that the crossfader bleeding in DDJ-1000 occurs when you set the crossfader cut lag at the lowest value 0.3 mm like in your test  - for this reason it must be set at 0.4 (or more, 0.5, 0.6. .. if you prefer)

Pigi G 0 votes