Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

CDJ 2000NXS 2 waveform from to CDJ 2000NXS

hello, 

is there any chance to get old waveform in new cdj 2000 nxs 2 ? i don't like new one solution. i would like to get waveform like this in cdj 900nxs or cdj 2000nxs.

j.

Jacek Rudnicki

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

I play using 3 senses of hearing, touch and sight. in the old form I saw what will be like soon, in the new I just have to guess. CDJ in this class should give you the opportunity to choose because the new form is unreadable. Is it possible to change this form using a software? This is of course just an example but in some tracks you don't see when the hole will be and whether it will be small or large. I think that this evolution is unintuitive and makes a lot of trouble reading the number.

Jacek Rudnicki 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

There is one way to make the waveforms look similar to the old CDJ-2000s. I also did not like the new type waveforms. The new CDJ-2000nxs2, XDJ-1000mk2, XDJ-RX2 players use a new type of waveforms, they use 2-layers graphics. New players read this information from another part of the files on a USB drive.
It is not possible to force the new CDJ-2000nxs2 to read the old type of the form from the USB device, but we can replace this information with the new form using the levels of the old form, as it is also stored on the USB flash. For this, I wrote a program. My program allows you to change the waveform only on USB stick prepared in Rekordox for playing on CDJ.
The program only for Windows PC. Works only with USB or SD media. The forms in Rekordbox itself do not change. The program modifies static and dynamic waveforms. RGB and blue waveforms, increases the contrast of dynamic waveforms, increases the difference between high and low signal levels, for better details.

You can download the program here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16p0zUn4PlvjxU0Cr0b9IR1-QZDwAy08G
In order to use it, unzip the downloaded archive to any folder on your PC. I recommend to drive C. Prepare a USB flash drive in Rekordbox, record your playlists and close Rekordbox. Launch the Pioneer waveform changer program. Click on the Select USB Drive button and select your USB flash drive. Do not select the drive where Rekordbox is installed! Choose only a flash drive. The process of changing the waveform will start. It may take several minutes, it depends on the number of tracks and the speed of your USB flash drive. When the process ends, a message will be issued about this. After that, you can close the program and use the USB flash drive in CDJ.

In the photos below, I gave an example. I used 2 flash drives, one of them I scanned using my program. In the left deck of XDJ-RX2, I loaded the track from the flash drive without changes, and in the right deck I loaded the exact same track, but with the changed waveforms. You can see the difference between static and dynamic waveforms.

Greeb-mail 0 votes

hello everything works, you are the best !!! everything is back to normal, let pioneer learn from you !!

Jacek Rudnicki 0 votes