Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-SZ2 on mojave not showing System Extension Blocked while installing drivers

hi, i was trying to install SZ2 drivers on mojave (MBP 2019) following the instructions but the driver installation was finished successfully without the prompt to allow the drivers as per the instructions. I have uninstall and install several times but i did not get this popup dialog so to allow the drivers. DDJ-SZ2 is connecting with Serato and seems that is working but i don't try it for a long time to see if there is any issues while djing. Please advice

thanks

Chris Evangelou

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

Are you getting audio out?  Have you gone into the security preferences and clicked allow?

Jay 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Hi, yes i have an audio out and seems that sz2 working properly at least for a while (i did not test it over 15min). This is the matter that i do not get the prompt to allow the drivers installation and if i check also in security preferences there is nothing there that need to be allowed. I have install and uninstall over 10 times and do not get it

Chris Evangelou 0 votes

@Chris > You may need to uninstall the drivers, reboot, run the installer, and only then will it prompt you.

Pulse 0 votes

I have do it several times more than 10, as per instructions. Run uninstaller, reboot and install again. No prompt

Chris Evangelou 0 votes

@Chris > Are you looking for a pop-up? Or did you follow the instructions to go into the system preferences? It would certainly appear after you uninstall using the tool, reboot, then install again. Do you possibly still have other Pioneer DJ drivers installed?

Pulse 0 votes

And if things are working, can I ask why you're trying to check if it's installed properly?

Pulse 0 votes

no i am not looking for a popup. i have check system preferences several times. no any other pioneer drivers. Macbook pro is new device just purchased. The reason that i am trying to install as per instructions is to avoid any issues while djing. Do you beleive that if sz2 is connected that i will not face any issues related to drivers like audio drops or disconnections?

Chris Evangelou 0 votes

I can't say that won't happen, as it could be your buffer size is too low, or there are other background tasks / applications prioritizing system resources which interfere with the performance...

The bottom line is if you've got things installed properly, and it's working, then you've done those steps correctly and anything issues related to dropouts or disconnects are going to be from external causes (eg. above, or a bad cable, power issue, etc). 

Pulse 0 votes