Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

SR2 freezing issue

Hello!

I have Dell Inspiron 15-5570 (i5-8250u, 24Gt memory, SSD drives, W10).

I had freezing issues with SB3 that I have and I've tried to solve the case with Serato support. I followed every instructions from them and made all modifications that I can do but no luck. There was 1-2 sec random stops on gigs.

So, I both SR2 (so that I don't have to change the application while I already bough the pro license) and now the case is even worst.

Randomly, during playing the music just stop to wont start again unless I restart the SR2 or I make some changes to buffer size. Serato is up and running and will take commands (load new songs, add cue points, etc) by using SR but the track won't start.

Is there any help I could have from Pioneer side? Anything..? I've a an important wedding gig on the next Saturday and I'm quite scared how to get through it...

JukeGuitar

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

14 commentaires

All updates installed (w10, Dell drivers, AMD Radeon, Serato Pro 2.2.2 (22203) 64bit, using external power supply for SR2. 

JukeGuitar 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@If the issues are happening with both the SR2 and SB3, I'm half-guessing the problem is the computer. Have you tried disabling the Intel Turbo Boost as part of your troubleshooting process with Serato?

Pulse 1 vote

Hi

This is something I'm guessing as well.. Something perhaps in Dell's USB ports. Turbo boost and all other  instructions from Serato have been followed and done.

Just yesterday I made 2h test with other (more powerful) HP Zbook G3 and there was no issues at all.. Need to proceed with the testing but at least start was quite good..

Anyhow this USB issue is something that need to be considered in Pioneer's instructions (at least I think so); Should there be more detailed requirements for USB's in the list: https://www.pioneerdj.com/en-us/product/controller/ddj-sr2/black/specifications/#info ?

Now there's no mentioning about the needs; How to buy a new PC and make sure it's compatible with the decks..

JukeGuitar 0 votes

@JukeGuitar > There are simply too many variations in computers for us to determine what may be compatible. Heck, even something as simple as a change in the chipset supplier in a long-produced laptop model may result in a difference of compatibility.

Pulse 0 votes

This month I bought the controller DDJ SR2 and I am having the problems when I'm playing, after the certain time the music hangs and even with play nothing happens, so I restart the software and after spending some time playing, again the problem happens. I contacted Serato support and all recommendations for enhancements and improvements were made even with the LatencyMon test which gave everything ok, USB port change, plugged in power cable, internet disabled, anti virus disabled, all updated diver and I also sent the Dxdiag file to prove that my notebook is totally above the prerequisites required by the software, so the serato support asked me to upload a video reporting the moment the error occurs and I sent, but so far nothing has been done to solve the problem. Yesterday I did the test on another notebook that is also above the prerequisites and after some time playing, when I put some filter it made a little noise and the music crashed.

My Notebook: Dell Inspiron 7000 Core i5 7th Gen - (8GB Ram / 1TB HD / 2.7ghz / Windows10)

Gabriel Machado 0 votes

Whole list of your is exactly like mine.. My issue wen't away when I bought HP Zbook with i7-6600hq, 32ram, Nvidia M2000M. It's meant for hard WORK (like cad's etc). BUT, after reading your answer, I start to believe there is something with the Dell + USB. My Dell was also over all requirements but still it didn't work. Not with SB3 or SR2. And at least mine Dell doesn't have "lightning" usb, only normal ones.. Does that make any differense, I don't know.

I'll proceed with HP to the tomorrows gig and see what that will be. Tests earlier this week went through with no issues...

JukeGuitar 0 votes
I don't know if the problem is exactly with the Dell notebook, because I did the same test with a Lenovo notebook that also meets the software prerequisites and also I had a music freezing issue when I applied some FX effect, for example, so I had the idea to do another test, I installed the software "TRAKTOR" on my notebook and even using the map of DDJ-SR, because I could not find the map of DDJ-SR2, played for hours and had no problem! In my opinion, if there is any incompatibility with certain manufacturers of notebooks, USB ports, video cards or anything else, it should be broken down on the Pioneer or Serato website that there may be such incompatibility, as on both sites it is only written tha I need to have the minimum settings in order to use the software and the controller!

Gabriel Machado 0 votes

5h gig on last night with HP --> Not a single issue.

Interesting to hear about your Tractor testing. I agree that something is wrong if there are systematic issues with PC's that are over the minimum requirements.. Some part of the code is not compatiple...

JukeGuitar 0 votes

"In my opinion, if there is any incompatibility with certain manufacturers of notebooks, USB ports, video cards or anything else, it should be broken down on the Pioneer or Serato website that there may be such incompatibility..."

That is a virtually impossible task.

As previously stated, there are far too many different models of the components multiplied across the various combinations that could occur, for anyone to maintain a list, never mind to purchase and test them. Oh, and that doesn't even take into account any software, driver version differences, etc. that could interfere.

Pulse 0 votes

ok but I need help solving this Pulse problem, what pioner support can do to help me, because I don't know what to do anymore.

Gabriel Machado 0 votes

@Gabriel > I'm sorry, but my experience is that a lot of it has to do with the hardware or other crap the manufacturer has pre-installed on the system. I've even seen some of these kinds of issues resolved by running a BIOS update on the computer, but not all vendors provide updates as they don't typically associate these kinds of problems with their hardware configuration.

Bottom line - if you have a problem on computer A, but it doesn't happen on computer B, then the controller itself is not the problem. If you've done everything you can to optimize the operating system and background tasks / processes, have tried all troubleshooting options, and still have the problem, then it's entirely possible that computer will never be without issues as it could be a straight-up hardware compatibility problem.

Pulse 0 votes

What is more frustrating in all this is that a large company like Pioneer and Serato do not have software that can be installed on my notebook to detect this kind of problem, I am already over 1 month with this problem, I have already sent a quantity absurd email with Serato support and no solution to the problem, so if I want to get rid of this headache I'll have to risk and buy another notebook and to have the same problem. I am losing clients and money, I am not doing events and I cannot use my controller that is stop. No doubt this was the biggest frustration I ever had with a purchase.

Gabriel Machado 0 votes