Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Question about filter effect and hot cues

Hi,

I am the proud owner of a XDJ-RX2. Been dj'ing for not very long and still figuring some things out.

I am a great fan of James Hype. He is doing some amazing stuff on the decks. Though, I have 2 questions regarding some actions he is doing. Is it ok if I ask them here?

Take a look at the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDhzYFktrKY

First question: at 9:46 he is using the hot cue buttons to introduce the acapella (deck on the right). He uses the green buttons to "shortly play a little bit of the acapella without playing the remaining part". How is this called and how do I set this up? The yellow hot cue button continues playing the song (as usual).

Second question: He is using the filter effect a lot. Is it possible to use the filter effect without any music playing on a deck? Just wondering.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Stefan van Dijk

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

1) He just pulls down the fader so you don't hear the rest of the track, but it's still playing.

2) No. I think Noise is the only effect that can be used on an empty channel.

Erik Minekus 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Thanks for your reply. I see it indeed.

Is it also possible to create something like a loop to get the same effect?

Stefan van Dijk 0 votes

Yes, but it wouldn't sound as good. It's more fun to hear someone drum a random pattern with hotcues than to hear a perfect loop. It also shows you're actually doing something, instead of the CDJ doing the work for you.

Erik Minekus 0 votes

Just in case this helps ...  There is also an option  inside rekordbox that allows you to play hot cues for as long as it is pressed . But this applies to all hot cues . 

Its in the Settings ->Controller -Deck -> Hot Cue  [ Use the checkbox ]  

zach ninan 0 votes

Also to get the tapping in the hot cue effect, make sure you turn off Quantize, other wise the cue point will hit on beat and not come in as fast as he is doing.

Jay 0 votes