Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

I accidentally analyzed my usb in mixed in key without having a back up

Hello There,

I accidentally analyzed my usb in mixed in key without having a back-up and now rekordbox is telling me that my files are missing and i don't have them in my rekordbox, but i still have all my tracks in my usb, and i don't mind detecting them manually...

I even tried to import my playlist to my pc it imported all the playlist folders without the music.

Any help very urgent 

Thank you,

shant sarafian Répondu

Commentaire officiel

@shant > So what likely happened there is that MIK renamed the files, thus making them "missing" within rekordbox as the path is no longer valid.

You can use the relocation tool; File > Display All Missing Files, then one-by-one, select them from the USB drive at their new name.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

9 commentaires

Thank you for the reply,

Yes Exactly, but the only problem is that i have all the playlists and music in the usb and not on Rekordbox main folder.

I used to drag and drop music from my pc to usb in rekordbox.

I tried everything to relocate the music from my usb in rekordbox but it keeps relocating the collection folder or the playlist folder that's in rekordbox.

Thank you

shant sarafian 0 votes

Well then you're in a bit of a pickle, aren't you! lol

Unfortunately the abilities of the software are only so great when dealing with these situations, and you didn't exactly do yourself any favours in how you've managed the music thus far.

My recommendation would be to either try and rename all the files back to what they were before MIK got ahold of them (likely just adding the key to the end of the filename), or manually add the tracks back to rekordbox and rebuild everything.

Pulse 0 votes

Plus i just found out that i can click on the track from my usb and click on track in the menu above and click on relocate, when I'm relocating the file although it doesn't have the same name, its not loading, its telling me that its still missing 

shant sarafian 0 votes

Hmmm, come to think of it, I've never actually tried to relocate to a file with a different name, just location. That could be a limitation of that relocation process... best to start renaming!

Pulse 0 votes

I have more then 3500 tracks on this usb stick,You tell me to start renaming Xd loll.

I really appreciate your fast response though,Thank you so mush for your time.

shant sarafian 0 votes

If what I'm assuming is what actually happened, the only changes to the filename should be something like:

Old: Artist - Song (Remix).xyz

New: Artist - Song (Remix) (Key - BPM).xyz

You could potentially use a batch-renaming tool to strip off the last portion, as it would effectively be within a delimiter (the parentheses) from the end of the filename.

Pulse 0 votes

I didn't know that i can do that.

I will try right away and let you know if it works out.

Thank you so much Again !

shant sarafian 0 votes

Do you think there's an automatic Time Machine something that i can do to my usb for 1 day before?

shant sarafian 0 votes