Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

New data drive SSD, Formatted AFPS

Today at 00:19

Hello, I had a regular Sata drive die on me and I got a new 2TB Samsung EVO SSD to improve reliability. I used the new AFPS file system as that is now the fastest and most modern file system for SSD's.

I moved my music back to exact location as I make a nightly clone of my folders. When I went to open Rekordbox the database was missing and I was unable to see my "new SSD drive" as a choice in the dropdown menu. I ended up picking my OS drive (OSX also formatted APFS) and my songs all were as they were but they are not analyzed. The drive shows and plays my iTunes library from the new SSD drive in preferences. What is the best course of action? I do not want 8 million analyzation files on my OS drive... Not even sure where the waveform overviews are stored??

The tracks play and load in the player. They do not show a waveform in the playlists and do not attempt to analyze when loading, The music exists on the new SSD drive, plays just fine. Almost like it thinks the waveforms are there but not??? 

djmichaelwenz Répondu

Commentaire officiel

APFS is not supported as an export device either for rekordbox or players; please use HFS+ or FAT32 as your file system.

You can use APFS as the file system on a host drive where you will play songs from (locally).

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

So maybe I am confused a bit here. My OS drive has stayed the same (High Sierra) and now when I have apparently moved the database to my OS X drive the user/library/pioneer location is growing. But how would it have all my cue points and my playlist be all the same? I have a 3rd drive I suppose I could move my database too another location I can actually choose. I am not able to choose my new SSD "select drive" in the database management dropdown menu. It is formatted APFS and that is where my music is also. I would prefer not to have an ever growing user/library/pioneer folder hogging my OS drive. I have another internal drive I suppose I could move my database to the 3rd drive (non SSD) and keep my music on my SSD? Any help would be great!  Thanks guys!

djmichaelwenz 0 votes

It is recommend by Pioneer DJ to use FAT32 to minimize the chances of problems as much as possible.

Ves 0 votes

For a 2TB Internal Drive inside of a MacPro? Blasphemy! 

I had a 3 TB formatted Extended Journaled for years (internal drive that died) and it worked great. 

My USB sticks are formatted Fat32 yes....

djmichaelwenz 0 votes